Chapter Thirty Three

- Josh's POV -

"He's awake!" I heard as I awoke from a nightmare. My head was spinning and my vision was still blurred.

I seen a man peer over me slowly, I blinked quickly to see that it was Mike. I looked around in fear to realise I was in a hospital bed.

"What happened?!" I said quickly, Mike handed me a paper cup with some ice water in it.

"You were unconscious in the flood.." He said sitting down, it all came back to me.. Amber popped the bubble and I almost drown.

"Where is she?" I said looking up.

"Who?" Mike replied.

"Amber.."

"Oh she's gone now, I don't know where but they've took her away" He said looking up at a nurse who just entered the room.

Gone? what does he mean by gone?

Dead?

"I-is she okay?!" I said again while beginning to shiver, he shrugged.

No this can't be the end she can't be gone or dead, I need to find out where they took her.

"Mike, you know she's my best friend. You don't understand she didn't mean to do this, she was scared" I said quickly, he looked down at me but didn't reply, I sighed.

Katie came running in with her snowman teddy.

"Josh are you ok?" She said jumping onto the bed, I smiled.

"Yes I'm fine thank you" I said, she hugged me. Does Mike even care about me? He didn't even ask if I was alright when I woke up.

A nurse entered the room and looked at me.

"I think you can go now, there seems to be no injuries" She said with a smile, Mike nodded and walked out of the room.. Not even offering to help me out of bed. I can't wait to get home.