Chapter Nine

- Ambers POV -

I woke up bright and early, my hands were covered in red marks... I was confused.

"Mum?.." I said quietly stepping out of my bedroom, there was no answer.

I walked down the stairs slowly, being cautious about where I was standing. No one was downstairs.. I began to get worried.

"Mum??" I shouted.

"Amber.. It's 7am go to bed" I heard shouting from upstairs, I felt a rush of relief flow through me. I went back up to my bedroom and sat at my window, watching the sun come up.

I was quite excited, when my mum leaves I'm going to the library with Josh. I just hope I don't spill anything while we travel there..

- Josh's POV -

*ring ring ring*

I hit my alarm clock and groaned while stretching, I opened one eye and realised it was morning. I slowly got out of bed, feeling really tired today.

"Oh wait I'm going out today!" I whispered to myself, late as usual. I quickly got changed into my shorts and light t-shirt.

"Where are you going this time Josh?" Mike said smirking, I knew what he was thinking.

"I'm going for a walk on the beach, ALONE" I said with emphasis on the 'alone'. He thinks I like Amber, ha.

I walked out into my garden and sat down a moment, waiting for Mike to walk away from the window or else he'd see me going over to Ambers.

- Amber's POV -

"Amber I'm going out now, don't leave the house sweetie.." Mum said squeezing my cheeks, I smiled as she closed the door. As soon as she left I ran to my bedroom and got ready. My favourite hoodie, some shorts and lace sandals.

Suddenly the door knocked, but I hadn't done my hair yet, ugh. I walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hi Josh" I said with a faint smile, he smiled back.

"You can come in for a minute, I'm not really ready yet.." I said hiding my face, he laughed and entered.

"I'll just stay down here?" He said pointing to the couches. I nodded and ran up the stairs once again.

I looked into my mirror, why am I fussing so much about the way I look? I mean, I've never had a friend before. I guess that's why, but he's nothing special.. So why am I getting all nervous?

Suddenly I heard the 'clip clop' of my mums shoes.. My mum!! I jumped towards the window and looked out, she was walking up the path! Already?!

I sprinted down the stairs and grabbed Josh's arm.

"What're you doing?!" He shouted.

"Please come with me!" I screamed.