Chapter Twenty Five

- Ambers POV -

I ran across the landing and into my room quickly so the police wouldn't see me. I slammed the door behind me while breathing heavily trying not to fall over as my legs shook in fear. I ran over to my bed and started to drag it across the floor, pushing it to block my bedroom door.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised I was safe, locked in my bedroom. I looked back and seen the books that were ripped up, I slowly walked towards them.. Then sitting down on the floor.

I picked up each page and tried to put them back together, but it didn't work. My tears hit the old wooden floor, it was so silent I could hear them bounce.

The door was knocking again, I shivered and ran into the corner of my room, hiding from the world.

- Josh's POV -

"Open this door!" I heard screaming in the distance, I jumped up from the sand and ran towards the voices. There was police men at Ambers door, what has she done!?

"Excuse me officer? What's going on here?!" I shouted from the bottom of the garden, one approached me.

"We think the daughter of that crazy woman is in here, do you know her?" He said in his deep voice.

"N-no I don't.. Sorry" I said quickly, I ran to my house slamming the front door and running to my bedroom. I opened the window and looked over at Ambers bedroom.. She wasn't at the window.

I crumpled up paper and threw it at the window, keeping my eyes on the police also. Suddenly I seen her face, she was covered in tears.. my heart sank.

"Climb over here" I mouthed to her, she shook her head. Her window opened slowly.

"I don't want to hurt you Josh, I'm sorry" She whispered just loud enough for me to hear. I couldn't let this happen.

A few hours later the police gave up and left, I put on my muddy trainers and ran to Ambers home.

"Josh!" I heard behind me, it was Rose.

"Oh.. Hi Rose" I said quietly, I need to be with Amber ALONE.

"Are you going to see Amber?" She said with a smile, I nodded quickly.

"I gotta go" I replied, she grabbed my arm.

"But I wanna come too! I wanna meet Amber"

Am I ever going to see her?!? How the hell can I get rid of Rose?

"Sorry but she wants to see me" I said turning away, she pulled me around to face her.

"Why won't you let me make new friends?.." She began to pout and look upset, I felt bad.

"FINE HURRY UP" I shouted in anger, oops. She flinched and nodded, following me.

I knocked the door slowly, waiting for an answer but there was nothing.

"Amber it's me Josh!" I shouted again, I heard a huge thump.

"What was that?" Rose questioned, I began to feel worried.

"We need to get in there"