Chapter Forty Four

- Josh's POV -

"Amber!" I screamed, I ran back to her and dropped to the ground at her body.

"What happened!? What's wrong?!" I shouted, her eyes were slightly closed.

"The time is up" She whispered, I widened my eyes.

"What do you mean?!"

"It's too late" She said with a small cough, I lifted her and set her carefully on my lap.

"Nothing is ever too late.." I said looking down at her, she smiled while curling up in a ball. She was in pain.

"But Josh, I'm dying"

My heart literally stopped in my chest. Dying?!? No.

"What no" I said while filling up with tears, here I go again.

"We didn't break the curse" She whispered.

"The curse? What curse?" I asked still holding on to her.

"The evil curse. If my mind didn't change to good in the amount of time.. I would die. And that's now" Amber said while starting to cry, I pulled her up to my chest and hugged her tightly.

"No please you can't leave" I said while my breath shook. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Josh" She whispered, suddenly the sky above us went black. The clouds began to twist and turn above me, I looked up.

"No!! You're not taking her!!" I screamed at them, knowing it would do nothing to stop them.

"Josh please" Amber said, I looked down at her. Her skin was getting paler by the minute, her body was cold.

"Amber you're not leaving me" I said, it was getting hard to breathe as the wind blew in my face.

"You'll be okay without me" She said snuggling into my hoodie.

"I won't be okay at all.. I love you" I said sadly, her eyes opened slightly and she looked up at me.

"You.. Love me?" She said, I nodded with a tear rolling down my cheek. She lifted one of her arms, it was shaking like crazy. She brought it up to my face and wiped away the tear, her hands were ice cold on my face.

"You're the first" She said with a smile.

"Amber why are you smiling.. You're about to die"

"I've never felt so happy" She muttered, I was confused.

"But why?"

"I always thought I would die alone, I knew this time was coming soon Josh.. I'm happy the last person I'll look at will be you.." She said, I couldn't hold my tears much longer.

You know that type of crying were you can't stop? You can't control your breathing and it gives you a huge headache?

"Please don't cry" She said while clinging on to me.

"How can I not cry. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. At the start I was extremely scared of you, but then I realised you were just afraid of life.. Like me. I wanted to help you to be strong again and I think it worked until you got angry, but I understood. When you got took away from me I was helpless, I felt like I was dying slowly and I didn't want too. That's why I came to get you, that should show that I need you.. I love you Amber, so much. You're the only person I have left.."

Amber's eyes were wide open now, she stared at me with a smile.

"I love you too.."