Chapter Fifteen

- Josh's POV -

"Huh wha-" I jumped up shouting in the middle of the night, no idea why. It took me a minute to adjust to where I was, it was 2:00am. I couldn't see Amber because it was pitch black, but I tip toed past her and out into the hall way. Making my way down to the kitchen for some water.

"Amber might be awake because of me.." I thought to myself, I headed up the stairs again with the glass of water in my hand.

"Amber..?" I whispered looking around the floor, I turned on my bed side lamp so I could see her. But I couldn't, she wasn't there!? I started to panic, I set the water down beside my bed and started to look through my wardrobe and behind my bed. Until I realised.. My window was open, wide open. I ran towards it and looked out, there was a figure standing by the beach, Amber.

I suddenly remembered what happened last time, when Ambers mum went to get her. I shivered, what if her mum looks out the window and sees her?! What will happen then?!

I rushed downstairs and put on my shoes, opening the front door slowly. I looked over at her house, it was lifeless.

Why does she sit on the beach? And why every night? And why does she get angry when anyone talks to her? I was really confused and worried. I need to talk to her about this, but not now.. Not when she's in this state.

But I can't leave her sitting here all night, what if something happens?! My mind took control of me and I walked towards her.

"Amber.." I said in a calming voice, she was humming to herself.

"What're you singing?" I whispered, I was trying to keep calm. She didn't answer.

I was afraid to move any closer..

"Amber, when you are finished with whatever you're doing.. Come back to my house, ok?" I said slowly.

"Yes" she replied.

"Promise??" I said a bit louder.

"Promise" She said peacefully, I walked off scratching my head. It seems that when I approach her with no fear or anger she keeps calm. But unlike her mum, she grabbed her and made her angry.

"I need to take notes" I said rushing home.

I got back into the house and up to my bedroom, I sat looking out the window at her calm shadow lurking over the sand. I sighed and leaned on the window, looking up at the sky.

"What the fuck is happening" I said with my arms out waiting for an answer. But I obviously got nothing.