Chapter Thirty Nine

- Josh's POV -

I pressed my hands against the glass window with tears in my eyes, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

In that huge room, was Amber. She was lying in a box shaped coffin, which was made out of glass. Her eyes were closed and her body was lifeless.. Is she gone?

There was a tube running from a tank into the glass box, I had a feeling it was knock out gas. There were three men walking around the room holding liquids and weird potions, they were wearing huge white coats and masks over their faces.

I was shaking in fear at what I was seeing, wouldn't you be? If your magical best friend was being experimented on, and possibly dead.. Would you be scared?

My foot was getting worse by the minute but I knew it was time to break into the room, but I couldn't do it like this. I'm just a teenage boy, how am I going to fight off security guards and escape from a factory?

Suddenly the three masked men began to walk towards the door, which is where I was standing. I had no where to hide.

I ducked under the window and pushed myself against the wall, as hard as I could. What a bad hiding space.

They left the room and walked down the stairs, what was going on? I stood up slowly and took a breath.. I can do this.

I opened the huge double doors which led into the room Amber was lying in.. I stepped in slowly.

I walked up to the glass case and pressed my forehead against it, while staring at her pale face.

"Please be alive.." I whispered.

Then I thought for a moment, but not long enough. I felt the anger build up inside me, they can't treat a child like this!? I held my breath, grabbed the closest object and threw it across the room.

The object flew into the pipe which was going into the glass case, it then burst. Gas was flying around the room, I looked around and grabbed a gas mask which was hanging on the wall.

"Amber wake up please!" I shouted over the loud noises from the gas. Suddenly the sirens and alarms went off, this is the end of me.