Chapter Sixteen

- Josh's POV -

I opened my eyes slowly to see the sun shining through my window, I suddenly remembered everything that happened last night, I sat up quickly and looked over too where Amber was suppose to be sleeping, and she was there.

I think it's time to tell her about this?

"Amber?.." I whispered, she groaned and stretched.

"Morning" she said with one eye open, her hair was in a huge knot, I laughed.

"What??" She said looking around quickly, I shook my head.

"Amber I need to tell you something.." I got off my bed and sat down on the floor beside her.

"What is it?" She said.

"At night time, you always disappear and go to the beach. Before we started talking I seen you go there, and your mum tried to bring you home but you hurt her and screamed at her..." I said all in one breath, she looked at me with no expression then suddenly burst into tears.

"Woah woah woah" I said pulling her close, did I say something?

"I'm sorry, d-did I hurt you last night?!" She said moving away from me, I shook my head and she sighed with relief.

"Why do you do that?.."

- Ambers POV -

I think it's time to tell him..

"Ok fine, I guess we're friends now right? So here goes.." I said clearing my throat he looked me up and down with confusion.

"Like I said, the generations in my family have these powers. But I was a mistake, it was meant to be my mum who got them, but instead I did. She was so angry to find out that her daughter had these amazing powers that she decided to use it for bad. You see, when I was born.. My mum got to choose how to raise me. She can either raise me up with good powers, or bad. And since she has hated me forever, she went with bad. I'm a curse" I said tearing up, Josh looked shocked.

"How can you stop it?!" He said. I looked down at my hands.

"I don't know, but if anyone ever gets me angry I get possessed, and I attack everything around me.. Which is why my mum is always bruised.." He scratched his head.

"W-would you hurt me?"

"I would never want to hurt you Josh, but if you got me angry I probably would, but I wouldn't mean too" I continued while putting my head in my hands. He didn't answer.

"There is a book my mum keeps under her bed, it's filled with all the information on my powers.. Maybe it has something?" I said looking up at him, his face lit up.

"I'll sneak in and get it" Josh said standing up, I grabbed him.

"No! If she catches you, you'll die. I can get it" I said dusting myself off.

"Can I come with you?" He said looking at me, I shrugged.

"I-I don't want her to hurt you again.."

- Mikes POV -

"Daddy look at my painting!" Katie shouted while running into the kitchen, I smiled at her.

"That's beautiful! Should we stick it on the fridge?" I said kneeling down to her height, she nodded and we stuck it on together.

Suddenly the door started to bang loudly.

"Alright alright I'm coming!!" I shouted, who could this be?

I opened the door to a woman, she was the new neighbour.

"Hello I am looking for my daughter have you seen her?!?" She said quickly, she was a mess. Her hair was everywhere and her makeup was running down her cheeks.

"No I haven't, sorry mrs" I said closing the door, she stuck her foot in the way so I couldn't close it.

"Yes??" I said in a louder tone.

"You have to help me sir, my daughter is very valuable- I mean.. Precious to me" she said stuttering after every few words. I sighed.

"I'm sorry mrs but I can't" I said slamming the door in her face. People these days.