Chapter Seven

- Josh's POV -

"Ok keep your distance and be careful, she's dangerous" I thought to myself while waiting for the girl to come out of her house. I was sitting on the small patch of grass with my books, the ones that make me happy.

I seen the door knob moving and then the door slowly opened, she walked out and stood at the door for a minute, taking in everything around her. The gentle breeze blew her hair back, she stepped down the small stairs and walked towards me, I gulped and stood up.

"Uh.. Hi" I said slowly, she looked around and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Um hello, I'm Amber" She said holding out her hand waiting for me to shake it, I stepped back avoiding her hand and sat down. She sat down but moved away from me.

"What're you reading?" She said looking over my shoulder, I closed the book.

"Just a story about a king who saves his kingdom.." I smiled while speaking, she smiled at me.

"I've never read a book before" I looked at her with a shocked expression across my face.

"We move a lot, so I don't have a lot of belongings.." She continued.

"Why do you move so much?" I asked looking over at her. She paused a moment while ripping the grass from the ground.

"I don't know, my mum likes to discover new places I guess" she said playing with her fingers nervously.

"I could take you to the library?" I said with a lump in my throat, I think this is a bad idea.. But what do I have to loose?

"You would?" She said jumping up, I nodded and laughed.

"When?" She said.

"Anytime?" She agreed.