Chapter Two

"Josh get up!" Katie screamed while jumping on my bed, I hid my face under the pillow.

"Josh please we have to go play!" She said tugging on my shirt, I moved the pillow from my face and yawned.

"Fine, leave me to get changed and I'll be down in a minute" She jumped around happily and ran out of my room. I stretched and looked out of my window, there was a woman I haven't seen before walking up the sandy path with some suit cases and a lamp under her arm. She looked scary.. Her hair was black, in a bob. Her eye brows pointed up and she wore red lip stick which matched her red jacket and long black jeans. She headed into the abandoned house next door to us.. New neighbours! But not her.. She's going to be a handful.

Until I seem someone else walking behind the scary lady.. It was a girl. She looked like the older woman but only.. More innocent and younger, and she didn't have scary eye brows. Her hair was also black but it was past her shoulders, she wore a red ripped jumper and plain old jeans, her shoes looked old and worn out. I quickly got changed and ran downstairs.

"Mike we have new neighbours!" I said running into the kitchen, he looked over at me.

"I know I told you yesterday! You were probably lost inside one of those books" he said laughing, I shook my head while lifting out some cereal and eating it quickly.

Katie was already out in our garden, she was running around, I peaked out the window and seen the girl looking over at Katie. I walked out the front door and over to my sister, I think I caught the girls eye. I looked up and smiled at her, she looked down as soon as I turned around; then she walked into her new house.

"Who is that?" Katie said while playing with her dolls.

"I'm not sure.." I said quietly while looking over at the house. Katie grabbed my hand and we headed down to the beach.

- The new neighbours POV -

"Ok Amber listen to me" mum said looking over at me while setting things down in the empty living room.

"You better not mess this up, I'm not moving house again" she said heading out of the room.

"It's not my fault!" I shouted to her. I pushed the blinds away from the window and looked out, watching the boy and little girl run around on the beach. I smiled to myself, I wander what it's like to have a sibling.

"Amber hurry up and help me unpack! Jesus!" Mum shouted from the other room, I sighed and stood up.. Starting to take ornaments out of the cardboard boxes.

"What will I do to not get into trouble then mum?" I said while unpacking.

"You're not leaving this house, it's the only thing we have left" She replied.

"But there's a beautiful beach out there, I won't be bad I won't speak to anyone I promise" I started to beg her.. I'm not staying here all the time.

"No Amber.."