Chapter Thirty Four

- Josh's POV -

The taxi pulled up at the end of our empty street, the fog from the dusty tires flew across the car window. I jumped out quickly and looked around..

All the water had gone, which was weird as it was really deep.

"Home!" Katie shouted as she ran towards our soggy house, Mike followed with 2 suitcases trailing behind him.

The taxi drove off, I was left standing in the same spot.

"Are you coming or what?" Mike said looking back at me. I didn't look or even speak, all I could do was stare at the empty house which was Ambers.

Mike and Katie entered our house, leaving me outside alone, I looked over sharply at my house.. Making sure they both weren't looking out the window.

I began to sprint really quickly towards Ambers house, I jumped over the dirty fence and pushed my way in through the broken door.

The house was filled with puddles, my socks began to soak up some water, I shivered as it was cold. I stepped over the deep puddles and climbed up the stairs slowly sneaking into Ambers lonely bedroom.

The small piece of paper Amber showed to me through the window was lying on the floor, the ink from the pen had washed off from the flood, so I couldn't see what it said anymore.

The wall paper that was plastered around the room looked damp and cold, I stepped in closer and looked out the bedroom window.

I wander where she is, will I ever find her again?