Chapter Fourteen

- Ambers POV -

Josh left to go downstairs to see his little sister before she went too bed, so I was left alone in his room. It was really dark in here, even when the light was on but it was peaceful..

"Time to go to bed Josh!" I heard a voice say, it was a sweet little voice. The door knob began to move down slowly and I jumped up, finding somewhere to hide. I climbed into the wardrobe and peeked out, watching the door.

"Josh! Why is your door locked!" The voice shouted again, I sighed with relief and stayed still just in case she heard me move. The little foot steps stumped into another bedroom, I heard Josh's voice.

"Good night Katie, I love you sleep well" my heart melted.

"Love you too Josh!" She replied, I was too busy fangirling over the cuteness that I forgot I was inside the wardrobe.

"Amber?" A voice whispered, I peeked out of the wardrobe, it was Josh. He stared at me weirdly and I blushed.

"Sorry.." I said while climbing out.

"I thought you were someone else" I pushed my hair back from my face and sighed. He said nothing.

"Ssooooo..." He said slowly, I looked up.

"So.."

"How, can you do all that stuff?" He said sitting down on his bed, I sat on the opposite side of him, crossing my legs.

"It's been in my family for decades, one person every 10 years in the family gets these powers.." I explained, he nodded.

"That must be amazing, I'd be the happiest person alive if I was you" he said laughing, I looked down and sighed.

- Josh's POV -

"What's wrong?" I asked picking her chin up, she tilted her head.

"It's not a happy thing for me.."

"What?.. Why not?" I answered back quickly, she got off the bed and into the mattress bed I made up for her.

"It doesn't matter.. Night" she said turning over and facing the wall, I sighed and turned out the light.

"Night Amber.."