What Hurts The Most

What hurts the most

It had been two weeks since Taylour had spoken to Detrick and she was a bit excited and nervous to see him Friday. It had come time for the class. She was excited because a part of her missed him and she wanted to relieve her conscience of guilt for leading him on. She hadn't tried contacting him because she felt he needed time. The look of hurt in his eyes haunted her for the last fourteen days. Every night she would close her eyes and see him looking back at her with sadness and disappointment pouring from them.

Detrick just got hit in the crossfire of her foolishness and she would have a hard time forgiving herself for it.

On the other hand, Sean was pleading for her forgiveness. Sunday he returned from his mother's house with the kids and a bundle of sunflowers but she hadn't given him nor the gifts he brought a second glance. Sean threw something so painful in her face out of rage. Not anger but pure rage and he was completely unfair. It tortured him that Taylour no longer reacted to his presence. There was no longer love in her voice when she spoke to him. Then again there wasn't anger either just emotionless conversations. That ate him alive because he knew that what he said cut deep and the amount of pain he felt when he thought she cheated was unbearable. Every night he tossed and turned with a voice telling him

"She didn't cheat and you felt that pain. Imagine how she feels because you did and not once but for three months." That was a boulder he carried throughout the day. It became heavier when he would look into her eyes and seen all the pain he caused the woman he loved. Sean was finally seeing that this wasn't something a Band-Aid could fix, bundles of sunflowers, not even the finest candy, or apologies. He needed divine intervention but he was fearful to face his faults at the feet of God.

Sean knew every bad decision had consequences but he also knew he had no more hope left in him to fight. Taylour looked cold when it concerned him. He didn't feel hatred from her which he would have preferred because at least she felt something, but he felt nothing from her anymore. He was officially afraid of what the future would hold for them. There were no more demands to be placed. There comes a point when you have to admit your faults, wave your white flag, and admit defeat. Maybe it was time to say goodbye to the woman who won his heart with a simple Hello.

Taylour made it into work an hour earlier than scheduled. She was so excited that today she would finally see Detrick and know that he was truly okay. For a reason, she chose not to analyze she had changed clothes three times that morning trying to find the perfect outfit.

Everything was becoming snug and uncomfortable so her peach wrap around dress with matching tie-up wedge heels was a perfect choice. Her hair with her natural spiral curls draped past her shoulder. Covered in her pregnancy glow, she wore light makeup. Taylour looked beautiful yet comfortable which made Sean take a double look that morning before she left for work. She paid him no attention and gave a simple thank you to his compliments and praise.

Once into work, she paced her office thinking of what she would say once he arrived. How would she act? Should she be strictly professional? Should they discuss what happened? Should she apologize again? Things continued to play out but nothing seemed to flow right into her mind so she came to the conclusion that she would wing her approach and react based off the vibe she received from Detrick. Looking at the time it was close to 10 o'clock and he would be arriving soon. Taylour decided to wait in the conference room.

"Des?" She spoke over the intercom.

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"I'm expecting Mr. Simmons this morning-"