Forces of Nature (Part 2)

Reaching the 23rd floor couldn't have happened fast enough. The elevator was starting to smell of the vomit that flowed through her cleavage. Stepping off, Detrick led the way down the gray painted hall. It was well lit by the metal covering of lights attached. Definitely decorated differently than the lobby but chic nonetheless. Stopping in front of the fourth door down Taylour walked slowly behind him. Unlocking the door, he held it open for her to enter. Hitting the light switch on the wall he welcomed her in but for some reason it was as if her feet were glued to the floor. She moved slowly through the door as if metal chains were attached to her feet. As soon as she entered, she saw how beautiful his apartment was, high ceilings that were above windows just as high covered by grayish silver curtains. Black leather love seat sat comfortably in the living room next to a black sectional. There were stairs that led to what looked like a loft. There wasn't much color in his home and most would call it a bachelor's pad but to her, it lacked something. Which was more than paint or new furniture could put to it. It seemed that not even a woman's touch would be enough, but for a place like this and a man like him, a woman's love would be the thing to make this apartment a home.

"You have a beautiful place," she said holding herself.

"Thanks. Check this out." He went to open the curtains and it was almost as if you could see the entire city from his window. The rain flowed down the glass and it was clear to see that it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. The thunder sounded confirming her assumption.

"Wow, it's so beautiful," she said walking closer placing her hand on the window.

"Yeah sometimes I just spend nights laying on the couch looking out at the city and think of how blessed I am. Sometimes I have to remind myself so that I can forget how lonely it feels to be all the way up here by myself. I think I learned the hard way that nothing is worth having if you don't have someone you love to share it with." Taylour looked at Detrick, who was staring with the desire to touch her. So many nights he had thought about what it would feel like to have her in his home and now she was here. He was more than excited. Like a little boy who got the gift he had been asking for so long to have. He knew she had reservations about him but he planned to show her he was none of what she thought. Detrick was a man with a heart that had been hurt in the past and he was normally a guarded individual, but something about Taylour made him want to open up and be the man his mother raised him to be; a gentleman.

Taylour looked into his beautiful eyes and they became lost in each other's presence. With so much to say and yet no way to fully express the feelings inside. Her phone beeped letting her know it was close to dying.

"Oh man, my phone is about to die. Umm... Do you have a charger?"

"What type of phone is it?"

"An LG LTE but it takes the same plug as a Samsung." She held it up for him to see.

"No, I don't, sorry. I have an iPhone."

"Damn."

"Are you hungry?" He asked, walking into the kitchen pulling bread from the cabinet and sandwich meat out the fridge.

"Yes, but I would like to shower more than anything." He smiled at her as if he totally forgot the real reason she was there. A part of him just wanted to believe she was there for him and that he was enough. She may not have come there thinking that but she would definitely leave knowing he was more than enough for her and her utmost desires.

"Sorry, I forgot." He led her down the hall to the guest bedroom that had a bathroom inside. Turning on the light, he pulled a fresh bar of soap from underneath the sink. Walking down the hall, he got her a washcloth, towel, unopened toothbrush, and small tube of toothpaste. As he handed them to her, they held each other's gaze. In all honesty, he wanted so bad to join her in the shower but knew that wouldn't be appropriate. Detrick really liked Taylour and it showed in all that he did but it was like she hadn't noticed. Just her being in his apartment said a lot about how he felt. No woman had been in his apartment for 5 years. If he wanted a night cap, it was always at their house or at a hotel, yet here she was in his apartment about to use his shower and soap. What he would give to be the towel that touched every inch of her body.