Walk Of Shame (Part 3)

Walk of Shame

Taylour sped down debris-covered streets. Her vision was blurred by the overwhelming amount of tears that flowed like a never-ending stream down her face.

"Oh My God! Oh My God! What have I done? What did I do? Shit! Shit! Shit!" She cried swerving through the streets. The roads were flooded but she just had to make it home. Taylour felt horrible, guilty, and convicted. She turned down her street and stopped a block from her house. It was close to seven in the morning and Sean's truck was parked in the driveway. Parked close to the curb she let the engine run while she wept into the steering wheel. Lifting the ends of her shirt she wiped her face and realized she was still wearing Detrick's clothes. There would have been no way for her to change because all she had was dirty. She left so fast that morning that she forgot her bag of clothes which had her bra and panties among other things.

Taylour quickly wiped her face and fixed her hair into a braid that she pinned to the side. Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm her nerves and turned the corner pulling beside his car. She closed the door easy to not make much noise she even hit the indoor button to lock the car instead of the remote. Silently she prayed that Sean was asleep because he was the last person she wanted to see. Going in the house, she tiptoed down the hall and saw he was fully covered and lightly snoring. Taylour exhaled a sigh of relief and made her way upstairs straight to the shower she desperately needed to wash away the filth she felt inside.

Turning on the water, she adjusted the temperature. Removing her clothes, she placed them in a bag and hid them in the bathroom closet behind towels that they never used. She made a mental note to wash and return everything he gave her. Stepping in the shower, the hot water hit her body and she let it run over her face and head as she wept. Crying to the point that her body quivered. She felt lost, confused, ashamed, and out of control. How did she get here? Why didn't she follow her gut? How did her life go from being picture-perfect to a rollercoaster that would soon fly off the tracks? Detrick's voice echoed in her head:

"...Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful." Taylour reached for her washcloth and lathered it with body wash. She began aggressively soaping her body to remove his scent but the harder she scrubbed the smell of him intensified. It felt as if her mind were gone because she could still feel herself in his embrace.

"I want to have you as my own. I need to have you as my own. You said a woman would be lucky to have me but I wouldn't be lucky to have you...I'd be blessed." His beautiful eyes flashed in her mind and the way it felt to have them looking at her with such sincerity and kindness. When she cried in her hands and he called her baby something stirred inside of her deep that she fought to turn off. Ignited from him looking so deep into her eyes he reached the depth of her soul and said she was beautiful. The tone, the look he gave, the bass in his voice, the tenderness in his touch consumed her and it was like her senses were no longer her own but wrapped in all that was Detrick Simmons.

Taylour couldn't handle the thoughts and memories that were rushing over her at once. She rinsed off and stepped out of the shower wrapping the towel around her body she squeezed her dripping wet hair and ran her fingers through. Wiping the steam off the mirror, she couldn't bear to look at herself for more than a minute and turned away from the sight of her reflection.

Opening the door, she jumped at the last person she wanted to see standing in the doorway or so she thought. The moment she let go of the doorknob she ran into his arms and he said nothing but just held her tightly. Taylour wept in his arms for so many things she would never be able to tell him. With his heart beating in her ears it was a sound she was so happy to hear and fearful that if he knew what transpired the night before would be the last time it beat for her.