Mine

MINE

Taylour walked into her office and Des followed behind her." Hey, Des do I have any messages?" she said putting her purse down on the chair so she could remove her coat.

"Well, you had a message from Sharice. She wanted to set up a lunch date. Your Doctor called to schedule a follow-up appointment but never stated what for. A few people called about making small donations. And Mr. Simmons called to speak with you regarding the contracts sent over to him."

"Did Detrick say what was wrong with the contracts?" She asked with a furrowed brow.

"No, he didn't specify. I'm not sure what could be wrong with them. I put exactly what you informed me to put."

"Okay. Well, call Sharice back and schedule lunch for tomorrow. Call the donors back and request a conference call for me anytime this week. Also, see if you can get ahold of Mr. Simmons. I want to get those contracts signed and sealed quickly. Those classes are coming up very soon and so is that food drive. If he thinks he's going to weasel his way out of our agreement, then he has another thing coming," she said plopping in her office chair. She began fixing papers on her desk when her phone rang. Des reached for the phone on cue.

"Thank you for calling Virtuous Woman. How may I help you?" Des began to turn red in the face at the caller. Covering the mouthpiece of the phone she said.

"It's Mr. Simmons," she said in a whisper.

"Oh..." Taylour began fixing her hair and then stopped once she saw Des looking at her with an arched brow.

"I'll take it." Taylour reached out for the receiver.

"Please hold Mr. Simmons. I'll get Ms. Davis for you." She handed Taylour the phone and left the office. Taylour didn't like the flushed look on Des's face when she spoke to Detrick. She wouldn't analyze if it was because of personal reasons or professionalism but she would be sure to speak with her about it. Taylour had enough drama in her life and didn't need to add to it with an office soap opera. Taylour took a breath before answering.

"Detrick, how are you?"

"I'm doing well and yourself?" His baritone voice was so sexy. His simple greeting felt like he was cooing her over a Barry White song. Well, she could dream, couldn't she?

"I'm doing well. Just a bit curious as to what issue you have with the contracts we sent over. Don't think your slick Detrick a deal was a deal. You have to be hands-on with Virtuous Woman," she said harshly.

"Ms. Davis being hands-on has never been a problem for me," he said that all too sly for her liking. Something about his tone made her tingle in places she had no business. She sat quiet and cleared her throat to suppress whatever was trying to come forth.

"Well, what seems to be the problem? What's stopping you from signing them?" She spoke calmly.

"Actually, there is no problem in particular. I just wanted to tell you that we've looked them over and agree to the terms and conditions."

"You do?" She sounded surprised.

"Did you expect me not to after what we discussed? I told you I would and I am if nothing, a man of my word." Taylour immediately thought of Sean, who at one point lived by those very words.

"Well... when will you be sending them over?"

"I won't," he said matter-of-factly.

"What?!? Why not? Detrick, I don't have time to play I have to get everything in order before those classes start and our food drive comes up. Which is next week in case you forgot?"