"Cater 2 U"

It was close to 6:30pm and the sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful shade of pink and orange. Taylour was annoyed with the revisions requested by Donahue. They wanted to make donations without putting in any form of work. As if their goal was to have a major tax write off. Taylour began thinking of Sean and the fact that he wanted her around more. She was spending so much time at work, but time was winding down and soon she would have the baby and take three months off. She wanted to be sure that all her "I's" were dotted and "T's" were crossed. Leaving no small errors for the person left in charge to turn into sinkholes. The fact that he admitted how he felt about her being away from him was a major step in their communication. Her Pastor would be proud to know that they were expressing themselves even if it wasn't in their inside voices. Maybe a nice surprise would do him some good to show he truly is appreciated. Taylour looked online and made a purchase that she knew would put her in his good grace. As if Sean knew she was thinking of him he called.

"Hi, Babe," She answered sweetly.

"Hey, T. What are you doing?"

"Umm working. I was just thinking about you. Miss me?"

"Yeah. Jay and Mel miss you too but I told them you were working late AGAIN."

"Sean, listen. I know you're mad at me about these late hours but because I love you I have a surprise."

"Oh yeah? What kind of surprise?"

"I thought that maybe you would enjoy the Hawks game this Saturday."

"How did you pull that it's the playoffs? "

"I got a few hook ups. I was thinking about going with you for you to really show me the game, but maybe you can take Mike and get some male bonding time."

"THANKS, BABE!! But I'll take you I can't wait for you to learn the game then we can go together and I can finally teach you the difference between a quarterback and linebacker."

"Sean maybe you should take Mike. Are you sure you don't want to take Mike? I think you should take Mike he would enjoy it more." She desperately tried to change his mind. She only offered her company hoping he wouldn't really want her to go but for some reason, he had this strong desire for her to learn the game that she hated.

"No baby I think you need to know. I'm tired of you going to Jay's football games thinking the quarterback is the guy who keeps the quarter in his back pocket and decides to flip before the game."

"THAT'S A VALID ASSUMPTION!!!" She yelled. Sean chuckled "Why would you call him a quarterback if he doesn't have a quarter in his back pocket?"

"Hahaha yeah, babe. This Saturday it's a date."

"Whatever, let me go so I can finish my work I have a curfew."

"Yeah and you better not be late! I love you baby be careful and I'll see you when you get home."

"I love you too and kiss my babies for me."

"I will. See you when you get home."

"Later." Hanging up the phone she sighed thinking how she could talk her way out of Saturday but he was so determined she may have to tough it out. Sharice would be her perfect escape goat. Sharice. Taylour was starting to really miss her but the thought that she could betray her was so painful. They've been friends since freshmen year of college and to have it end like this seemed so out of character for them. As she began underlining the third paragraph of the contract she remembered an incident in college that came out of nowhere. In a way, it revealed the truth that she needed but Sharice would still have to be confronted because what she needed to say couldn't possibly be said over the phone. Reaching for her handset, she decided to call Sharice from her office phone afraid that if she recognized her number she may not answer.