" I messed up"

• Dedicated to Tatiana Jenkins

      Driving along the highway Sean exited and came to a stop light. He hoped that he didn't get stopped by a Cop or he was bound to go to Jail. A black man in nothing and with no shoes on. If they didn't think he was drunk he was bound to be thought to have been on something. He hit the steering wheel with his fist as a flash of Taylour's face crying flashed in front of him. What was he going to do now? After a few more turns he drove until he was in another residential area. He came to a stop in front of a peach two-story house. He pulled into the driveway and picked up his cell phone and hit a number in his contacts.

" Hello" A deep raspy voice came on the line.

" Hey, Mike I need you to come outside," Sean said

" What?" He then whispers looking at his wife laying naked, sound asleep next to him. They had just had a session of love-making and he made it his goal to put her to bed. Just call him J. Holiday. Slowly sliding out of bed careful not to wake her he looked at the clock next to his bed.

" Man, what are you doing here? It's almost 1 in the morning." He said standing to his feet and looking for his clothes in the dark. He grabbed what felt like his sweats and a shirt over his head.

" Look come downstairs and I'll tell you. Aye, bring some clothes for me."

"What?"

" You heard me bring me a shirt and pants thanks." Sean said before hanging up. He was becoming irritated at the thought of explaining to his best friend why he drove to his house in the middle of the night in just a towel.

Mike walked downstairs and came out the door as Sean rolled down his window.

" Man, what the hell happened to you?" Mike said handing Sean the clothes. He wasn't prepared for what he would see next. Sean opened the door rolling up the window. He put on the clothes in his front seat. Getting out barefoot Mike looked at him and burst into laughter.

Sean bypassed Mike slamming his car door and walking into the house. He turned left and went into the downstairs bathroom to get dressed. When he came out he walked to the dim light he saw coming from the family room down the hall. Mike sat on the couch with question all over his face.

" Alright Man, what happened?" Mike asked. Sean Sat next to him on the couch in silence. He waited moments before he answered.

" Man I messed up?"

" How?"

" I messed up real bad," Sean said in a low voice while looking at the coffee table.

" Man your talking in circles. Why did you show up here with no clothes on? What happened?" Sean took a deep breath before saying his next words.

" Mike, I cheated on Taylour?"

" What!?!?! Mike shrieked loudly.

" Man be quiet! I know I know. I messed up." Sean leaned forward with his elbows resting on his thighs he put his head in his hands.

" Babyyyyyy? Are you okay?" Waking his wife Sharice, she called out to him.

" Yeah, babe. I'll be up in a second. Go back to bed." Mike responded.

"How? Why? What for? With who?" Mike came with a slew of questions.

" This girl Michelle that I met a few months back and she was working for the firm that I was designing for and we hit it off. It was only supposed to be one time."

"You're not supposed to hit it off with another woman. Man, you hit it off and the next thing you know you're hitting it off, for real." Mike said with a smirk on his face.