Two can play that Game

Two Can Play That Game

Hours passed, and Taylour realized she forgot to eat lunch. She picked up a banana to have something in her stomach. There was a knock at the door and pushing it open there stood a fine specimen of a man. Dressed in a pair of black slacks and a crème white v-neck polo sweater. Diamond studs sat in each ear. When he flashed her a smile with perfectly those white teeth, her core began to pulsate like a throbbing drum; damn hormones.

"Detrick?"

"Hi. I know I'm early but I wanted to be early rather than late." Taylour tried to stand to offer him a seat but her legs were weak beneath her.

"No, it's fine. Please take a seat." Taking a seat in the chair across from her may not have been a good idea since the scent of his cologne caressed her nostrils and hypnotized her senses.

Since being pregnant Taylour has been overly sensitive to smells but his scent was masculine and sweet. It didn't make her nauseous but aroused. She shook her head to do away with these thoughts. What was she thinking? He was here for business and business only.

"...Ms. Davis, Ms. Davis...Taylour." She was in a daze and hadn't noticed until he was waving a hand in front of her.

"I'm sorry did you say something?"

"Yes, I asked about my offer. Are you ready to accept?" Taylour cleared her throat while shifting in her seat.

"Well I'm ready to accept but there are some kinks that need to be worked out first." She used his words against him. He smiled showcasing dimples that made her palms sweat. Never had anyone had this effect on her. It was like beyond her control.

"What are these kinks that you speak of?"

"Well, first off we will not be partners, but affiliates. Meaning you are more than welcome to release a public statement stating that you work with the Virtuous Woman organization. Supporting our endeavors and funding needs." He folded his hands together leaning forward.

"Okay, but-..."

"I'm not finished," she interjected, looking up from her list of demands. Detrick sighed leaning back in his chair.

"Continue."

"Thank you. Now we have a food drive downtown every other week. We also have classes starting on the 9th of next month for convicted felons called "Stable Living." Sixty families need assistance with their bills. You or a representative from your company will be required to attend each planned event. If you want us a part of your portfolio, then you're going to work for it. As I've said before these are real people with real problems. Come and see who and what you're helping with. " Detrick stared at her holding his chin. She tried to read his expression but was unable to translate the piercing hazel eyes that remained on her. She wondered if he would accept her demands. What if he said no? Then she would be in big trouble because he was her last resort. Taylour bit nervously at her bottom lip. He noticed her tense because of his silence. A smile spread across his face and Taylour released a breath of relief.

"You are one of a kind. You know that don't you?" Taylour looked at him with raised brows. He felt the need to elaborate.

"Financially you're two steps from broke with a company you've spent most of your career building. Here I am offering you the answer to your problems and yet you feel comfortable enough to make demands that I'm sure if not accepted you would walk away. All for the integrity of your organization. "

"Correction, all for the people. If I don't help another person, I can rest easy knowing that the ones I did were never compromised, mocked, or exploited. I do have a conscience and you should use yours sometime. "