"Back,Back,Forth and Forth"

BACK,BACK,FORTH AND FORTH

Taylour walked in the house and heard the television on in the living room. Walking down the hall, she focused on the mail in her hand.

"Hey, babe," Sean called to her.

"Hi, Sean."

"How was your day?"

"Ugh, it was a day that's for sure."

"That bad?" She didn't respond.

Going to the kitchen, she went straight to the refrigerator for something to drink. Sean stood and watched her from the counter.

"Where are the kids?" She asked taking a sip of her iced tea.

"They went to the movies with Abigail and Timothy. I told them they could go since they did all their chores and had no homework. The way I figure it's better their parents take them then you and me haha." Taylour faintly returned the smile.

"Okay well, I'm going to bed goodnight."

"I made you dinner. Don't you want to eat?" he asked, watching her on the stairs.

"No thank you I'm not hungry."

"Taylour you have to eat something!"

"I know Sean I'm just not hungry right now. Can you put it in the microwave for me? I'll eat it later for sure. Goodnight." Walking up the steps, she said nothing further. Their conversations were so bland and absent of emotion. It was like they merely existed in the same household. Roommates.

The weekend came and went and Monday returned. Taylour was back at work looking over documents and proposals for possible donors. Kem's "You're on my mind" played low in the background of her office when her phone rang. Without looking, she answered her Bluetooth.

"Hello?" There was nothing but silence. "Hello? Hello? Look if you're playing-"

"Hi." A simple 'Hi' from a special person silenced even her breathing. "Hello, Taylour are you there?"

"I'm here. How can I help you, Mr. Simmons?" He rolled his eyes because he could tell she was annoyed and yet he was turned on by how she said his name.

"I wanted to... well I wanted to see how you were doing. So how are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I'm working," she said going back to the documents she had been reading. Is there something you need that your secretary or Josh couldn't help you with because I need to reconvene with my tasks?"

"I wanted to...I... Taylour I'm sorry about the other day and the way I spoke to you. I was tired and frustrated."

"Frustrated about what exactly?"

How much I miss you. How bad I wish I kissed you. And how terrible I feel for thinking these things about a married woman. He thought to himself.

"I just have a lot going on right now and I took it out on you. I was wrong so please forgive me."

"You're forgiven. Thank you for calling to say that to me." Her tone changed to a softer one that caressed him through the phone. It wasn't flirting it just had the anger removed and that was all he wanted, for her to not be angry with him. She was wrong for not telling him about her situation but it wasn't her fault that he caught feelings for her.

"So what did I miss? How did Josh do?"

"Well, you missed a lot."

"Fill me in then," he said propping himself up in his bed. There was a twelve-hour difference and at a time where he should be sound asleep, he would gladly sacrifice to speak to Taylour.