When A Man Is Fed Up

Sean drove through lunch hour traffic in search of Taylour. He had called her office but Des said she never returned and she wasn't answering his calls or replying to his texts. He tried to follow the taxi but lost them after a mile. He knew he crossed the line by saying that she was sleeping around for donations and even bringing up Michelle yet again. But he wanted to hurt her the way he felt and although he succeeded he would take it back. He was tired of the fighting and lies. The amount of secrets and indiscretions were taking a toll on him. Sean drove around for three hours calling everyone they knew. From her mother to Sharice and a few church members. Sean decided to go home and wait for her to come back to him. She had to come home at some point, right?

Taylour sat parked in front of a lake as time moved at a racing pace. The sun had removed from the sky and was replaced with stars. Sean's words echoed in her mind as tears continued to fall from her face. She had the worst migraine, not only was she hungry but tired and emotionally drained. Everything was frustrating and beyond her control or maybe she let it get out of control. Although Sean said a hurtful thing to her as did Detrick she couldn't help but feel responsible for their actions. Had she been honest with both of them they wouldn't feel such disdain towards her. Then again, she had no way to express remorse or even provide an explanation for what transpired. Had Detrick not jumped down her throat he would have known that Taylour didn't send that text. She would have found a way to prove it to him. More importantly, if he truly knew the type of person she was he would have known that she would never say something so vile at a time when he needed her the most. But then the man who was supposed to know her better than anyone, her husband; believed that she not only cheated on him but did it for the sake of donations. Two men in her life and neither of them knew who she really was. Taylour could feel the baby moving in her belly maybe to get comfortable. She was tired of being people's emotional punching bag. Looking at the time she saw that it was now close to 9:30pm Taylour started her car and headed to clear her name.

Detrick laid in bed staring at the ceiling of his dark condo. Many things went through his mind especially how he misjudged Taylour's character. Yet another woman had let him down and left him disappointed. First, the woman he planned on marrying and now the woman he called a friend. Maybe he was the fool to let her in and then keep her in a place of his heart even after she said she was married. Detrick came to the conclusion that he played himself. He should have never expected Taylour to be there for him although they had built a strong rapport in which she had been there for everything else. Detrick laid still and simply asked in his mind 'When am I going to find someone who wants to love me the way I love? Someone who wants to be there for me the way I want to be there for them? How much hurt and disappointment do I have to experience before you see fit to send me someone Lord? What am I doing wrong?' His thoughts were interrupted by the banging on his door. He looked at the time and saw it was a little past 10 pm. Detrick slowly got out of bed trying not to disturb the still body next to him. Picking up his sweats he quickly covered his naked body. Running to the door, he turned on the lights and looked through the peephole. Detrick sighed throwing his head back. he hurriedly opened the door to eliminate the noise.

"Taylour, what are you doing here?"

"Detrick I needed to talk to you." Taylour spoke almost out of breath as if she had been running.

"Taylour we don't need to talk. It's okay I'm over it."

"Detrick please just let me explain and if you never speak to me again, I understand. But I never sent that text it was my husband. He sent the-"

"Detrick? Detrick, are you coming back to bed?" Taylour was cut off by the female voice that came echoing behind him. Coming down the stairs from his loft was a face she never expected to see looking back at her with a smug smile on her face as if of ownership. None other than the woman she trusted for many years. Someone who had been her right-hand girl for years. Dressed in what she assumed to be Detrick's button-down T-shirt was ...Des.