HeartBeat to Heartbreak

Heartbeat To Heartbreak

Taylour stood looking herself over in the bathroom mirror. Reaching for a paper towel, she smiled thinking of the life growing inside of her. For some reason, this pregnancy felt different. She poked her stomach out as if she were mentally preparing herself for the round belly that would soon appear. In a matter of months, her size 22 frame would expand but she won't mind. Taylour always possessed a confidence that never faded with the movement of a scale.

She was glowing and giddy. It felt great knowing Sean was there every step of the way. Although she had her reservations about him helping with her foundation she had to admit how grateful she was that he did offer and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Thankfully she can decline Detrick's offer. She could never see herself working with someone like him anyway. He was egotistical, arrogant, lazy, rich, educated, and fine. Taylour felt it best not to analyze the pull he had on her or the fact that she didn't correct him when he referred to her as ''Ms. Davis " and not Mrs. There were no pictures of Sean in her office.

Since they split, she removed all photos of him. It was too painful to look at let alone remember. Now nine months later she's pregnant with his baby and on the brink of letting him move back home. She hasn't brought up the idea to him yet because it was just a thought but she wondered if they were ready to give it a try again. Maybe she would bring it up to him over lunch. She looked down at her watch and saw the time. She fixed her clothes and made her way out of the bathroom.

"Michelle Duncan. Michelle Duncan" The nurse called out. Sean's eyes were fixated on Michelle as she walked past him bumping his arm. She proceeded to the door held open for her by a woman exiting.

"You ready to go?" Taylour said snapping Sean from his thoughts making him jump. Looking behind him he saw Michelle was long gone.

"Uhh ...yeah I'm ready." He hadn't even heard her walk up to him.

"Okay. Let's go I'm hungry." She gave a faint smile.

They rode in complete silence. Awkwardness filled the air. Sean was so lost in his thoughts with what just transpired he hadn't even noticed. He had been driving without an idea of where he was going. He remembered that she was hungry and decided to head towards her favorite restaurant on Peachtree called Chandra's.

"So..." Taylour started breaking the silence. "Is it yours?" Sean's neck snapped in her direction.

"Huh?"

"The baby, is the baby yours?" She calmly asked.

Sean sat at a red light with his mouth wide open. How did she even know?

Taylour came out the office door and saw a woman aggressively talking to Sean. But something about this woman seemed familiar. She knew she never saw her before but something pulled at Taylour like this was someone she knew at one point. She could faintly hear her voice. She stood watching Sean and his posture changed as it did when he was angry. She hadn't been standing in the doorway watching them for more than 3 minutes when the nurse called the woman. "Michelle Duncan. Michelle Duncan." When the woman moved from Sean, Taylour realized 'Michelle Duncan...Duncan... Michelle D' She thought to herself. At that moment, her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. There in the doctor's office, she stood face to face with her husband's pregnant mistress.

Michelle gave her a snide smirk brushing past her as she entered the door Taylour held open for her. Taylour stood with a mix of emotions. Wanting to fight this woman for her blatant disrespect and disregard for her family and marriage. Or cry because this woman is pregnant and there was a huge possibility it was by the same man whose seed she carried; her husband. Taylour walked up to Sean trying to remain calm feeling a huge ball in her throat wanting to cry. She plastered the best smile that her emotions would allow. This wasn't the time or place to ask questions for fear if she did, her fists were going to fly and tears were going to flow.