A Day To Remember

Detrick sat in his office overlooking Beijing's skyline. He sat deep in thought and full of mixed emotions. It had been a week since he tried to communicate with Taylour and yet she hadn't responded to his emails or calls to her office. He had missed her something bad but he felt weak and misused. He made a declaration that Taylour was and would forever be the last woman to get close to him ever again. "She thinks I'm a joke that she can play with? I'm sick of these damn women using me like I'm a bitch!! No more! I'll show them."

Taylour walked into her bedroom to see Sean fast asleep and the sight of him on this very special day melted her heart. He was doing everything to make her happy and she wanted to do the same for him. They were listening to each other more and being more vocal about underlying issues that were in their marriage. Day by day they were moving towards becoming better than they had ever been and it was evident that the joy in their relationship was having a grand effect on others, especially Jay and Mel. When Sean would randomly pull Taylour into his arms and kiss her, she would see them in the distance giggling or just in a dreamy state from their parents closeness.

Climbing on the bed, she leaned over him and gently kissed his nose. He didn't move so she placed butterfly kisses over his face.

"Mmmm." He moaned.

"Wake upppp." She whispered to him but he shook his head no. "Baby get up and come downstairs."

"Tay, just give me some more time," he said turning away from her.

"Sean get up." He didn't move. "You need to wake up and come downstairs, I got something for you."

"I'll be down in a minute," he said frustrated. Taylour decided to ignore his attitude and simply walked out the room. She knew if he wouldn't listen to her he would definitely listen to her helpers.

Four Minutes Later

Sean awoke to bouncing on the bed. Turning on his back, he opened his eyes to Jay and Mel jumping on the bed.

"DADDYYY!!!! WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP! "They yelled jumping around him giggling."

"Jay, Mel what did I tell you about jumping on the bed? Get down now!!" He spoke with authority.

"Mommy said we have her permission to jump on the bed until you come downstairs like she told you," Jay said.

"TAYLOUR! TAYLOUR!" Sean yelled.

"Yes?" She responded from downstairs.

"Tell these kids to stop jumping on the damn bed!!"

"Mel and Jay?"

"Yes, mommy?" They responded in unison bringing their jumping to a halt.

"Is Daddy out of bed yet?"

"Noooo Mom he won't get up," Mel called out."

"Okay then keep jumping." Mel and Jay smiled at each other and continued to jump.

"Taylour are you kidding me?!?!" Sean yelled but she didn't respond.

"I'm not going to tell you guys again. Get down off this bed NOW!!"

"I thought you said you weren't going to say it again," Jay responded sarcastically. Sean quickly threw the covers getting out of the bed as Jay jumped off the bed and ran down the hallway laughing.

"Daddy wait, you have to put this on first," she said handing him a floral silk scarf. Looking down at the scarf and back at her she motioned for him to turn around which he reluctantly obliged. Mel tied the scarf over his eyes.