My Heartbeat

My Heartbeat

      The next day came and they were all too excited. Taylour and Sean were so giddy that the kids couldn't keep up with them while getting ready for their day. Sean went to work and was fully prepared for his meeting. Taylour went to her office and as promised, Sean made sure he gave her the check for the organization this morning. She hoped he would forget but he didn't. She would go to deposit it after they left the doctor. Sean would be by to pick her up from work instead of meeting him as they agreed. They rode together to work today because he wanted more time with her around him that morning.

"Taylour, Mr. Simmons is here to see you." Her secretary Desiree said in a cheerful tone.

"Who?"

"Mr. Detrick Simmons from Simmons & Son." She recalled Simmons being the grocery chain that would assist with her food program.

"Oh yeah, okay please send him in Des thank you." Soon the door opened and in entered a breathtaking specimen. Her breath caught in her throat. He was 6'3 with broad shoulders, a low crop fade that made his waves evident. Beautiful clear caramel skin that made his straight nose and wide hazel green eyes stand out. He had a nicely lined beard along his jaw. Dressed to the T with a tailored navy-blue suit that accented his build. He worked out which showed in his arms and wide back. This man was a work of art. Spreading his supple, full pink lips, he flashed her a smile with his bright perfectly white teeth. At that moment, Taylour felt slightly weak. She leaned against the edge of her desk to hold her balance. This has never happened to her before. Extending his hand, she received it and felt a jolt course through her body. He looked at her as if he felt it too. They stood silent until he smiled again and introduced himself.

"Hello. I'm Detrick. Detrick Simmons," he said not taking his eyes off her Taylour became flushed beyond her control.

"Hello, Mr. Simmons. My name is Taylour Davis."

"Please, call me Detrick. Mr. Simmons is my father," he said flashing those pearly whites.

"Well, Detrick please have a seat."

"Okay thank you."

"Detrick?"

"Yes?"

"I need my hand back." His eyes widened completely unaware that he was holding her hand the entire time.

"Sorry."

"No problem. Mr. Simmons thank you for coming."

"Thank you for having me. My father and I are very excited to work with your foundation."

"We here at Virtuous Woman greatly appreciate the contribution that your company plans to make. Many people are going to be helped by your contribution."

"There are a few kinks that do need to be worked out before we sign on the dotted line," he said arrogantly leaning back in his chair.

"What type of kinks?" Taylour asked. Knowing that he was a prospect before, but showing up meant he was ready to become a donor. What kinks could there possibly be?

"Well, Virtuous Woman is an organization that helps many people across the board. I mean you have put over 167 convicted felons in new jobs, housing, and education programs. It's quite profound considering the countless families you've fed, clothed, and supported financially."

"I see you've done your research."

"Oh, you have no idea." He smirked

"So, with all your research then where are these kinks you speak of?"

"Ms. Davis, Simmons & Son is a growing company. We have over 250 stores in the southeast region alone. Countless employees and customer service, so superb that it keeps thousands of customers loyal. But do you know what we're missing?"