Day by Day

Day By Day

    Sharice stayed with Taylour until the kids came home and made Taylour something to eat but she didn't have an appetite. Sharice left it for her next to her bed. Since it was Friday she took the kids with her for the weekend and brought them clothes. That way they could see their father. Sharice knew they had questions but it wasn't her place to answer them.

Melody was all too excited to see her father. Jay on the other hand wasn't the least bit enthused. Sean would have some major making up to do.

     Once they were at her house she ordered pizza and Mike joined them at the table. They all took baths and sat in the family room to watch a movie After watching Finding Nemo which Mel's picked although she had seen it a million times, Sean walked in as they were changing movies. Melody jumped up and ran into his arms. Jay stayed in place refusing to make eye contact.

" Daddy!" He lifted her to kiss her cheek.

"Hi, baby. How's daddy's girl?"

" I'm good. Daddy guess what?"

"What?"

"I got an A on my planet project. Even though mommy didn't color in the lines." He laughed knowing that Taylour was no artist. The kids never let her color with them in their coloring books because she never stayed in the lines.

"I'm proud of you baby."

" Daddy, why didn't you help me? You said you were going to help me?"

" I know baby and I am sorry. I promise next time I'll be right there for you, okay?"

"Okay." She kissed his cheek.

" Hey, Jay."

" Hey." He said with no emotion. By his expression, you wouldn't believe that this was the same kid who was almost attached to his father's hip.

"Hey, Melody why don't you, me, and uncle Mike go get some ice cream."

" But you don't have ice cream Aunty. Your latcid and tolerate"

"That's Lactois and intolerant. And that's not me that's uncle who can't handle it." She said smiling.

" Hey, I can have ice cream. Well, soy ice cream." Mike said. They laughed.

"Come on Mel let's go. We'll give your daddy and Jay some time."

"Okay, aunty. Hey Jay do you want ice cream?"

"Yeah. Vanilla, please. I'll go to."

"No baby just stay here and talk to your dad," Sharice said sliding on her shoes.

" But I don't want to talk to him." Everyone got quiet and then walked out of the room.

Sean sat across from Jay on the coffee table and he looked away trying not to look at his father. He folded his arms making it apparent that he didn't want to be bothered.

"You don't want to talk to me?"

"Nope!" Jay said poking out his lips.

"Why?"

"Because you don't keep your word. And you made mommy cry! " Sean lowered his head. His son was right and had a right to be angry with him. He let him down.

"Look, I know you're mad at me and I was wrong not to keep my word about the game and everything. I promise to do better and stand by my word from here on out." Jay began to loosen up and let his hands fall to his lap. He wasn't expecting his father to apologize.

"Dad?'

"Yes, son."

"Why was mommy crying the other night?" Sean sighed inwardly. He knew this was coming but he wasn't ready to tell his son what he did. He may never forgive him and that would be too much for Sean to handle. He already lost his wife. He couldn't lose his kids too.