BONUS CHAPTER: Johnny & Toni

{On the Helicarrier just before the final battle}

The Human Torch sat down on the steps of some room in the Helicarrier. This was it. This was the final battle, and Johnny knew it. If they didn't stop the Thinker, he knew that they were all screwed. They were going to die if the Thinker didn't. Part of the Torch was terrified. He'd never faced someone like this. Sure, he'd helped take down Galactus and Dr. Doom... But this was different. This guy had armies. This guy...

He made armies come and go. He nearly killed the Avengers. He terrorized them for so long. He kidnapped Jan. He had Bruce and Betty taken to the Cube. He kidnapped Pepper after making it seem like she'd exploded. He killed Natasha and Clint's chances of ever having kids, or at least that's what the rumor was. He kidnapped Toni Banner....

He killed Billie Tyler.

"You were her boyfriend?" A new, vaguely familiar voice queried.

Johnny looked up and saw someone beautiful looking down at him. Her face was round and her eyes were big and gold. Toni Banner. She was no Billie Tyler and she didn't match her beauty, probably never would. But she was beautiful nonetheless. It was almost impossible to think that this woman had once been the woman that he loved, but he was getting used to the idea. He knew that his Billie Tyler was still buried somewhere deep inside, but he was going to have to do a lot of digging to find her again. Until then, he was beginning to think that maybe could... Get used to Toni Banner.

"Sort of. It was complicated." Johnny sighed.

Toni slid onto the steps next to him. She stared down at her hands, clasping them tightly together. Johnny couldn't help but stare at her, to see if he could catch a glimpse of Billie Tyler, somewhere deep inside of there. He watched as she chewed at her lip, like she was nervous. She was kind of cute when she did that. 

"Will you explain?" She inquired.

"Explain what?" Johnny replied, confused.

"Explain what happened. With you and her."

"Oh... Okay, sure. Well... Billie was apart of the X-Men. You know, Logan, Jean, Scott... She was one of them, and... Well, Fury..."

"Wait, who's Fury?"

"Eye patch."

"Oh, okay, I know who you're talking about."

"Well, he was assembling this team of superheroes called the Avengers. There were already six Avengers who saved the world once... But this guy... He's bigger than Loki. So Fury calls in the X-Men and the Fantastic Four and all of us. So we're a pretty screwed up team. We fight, we bicker, some of us can't stand each other. But... Then Billie came along. I knew her for about two weeks and... I don't know. We bonded. And I loved her. I know I did. I don't know why... I don't know what made me fall for someone who was so much younger than me... But she wasn't really younger than me. She was... She'd regenerated all those times, so... She wasn't really 14, but she was probably older than me."

Johnny started getting choked up at her memory, but he took a deep breath and continued with his story.

"So... Our friends, Bruce and Betty... They got kidnapped."

"Bruce... I remember Bruce a little bit."

"Well, you should. Billie... She loved him like a brother. He loved her too. They were like, best friends. She loved him more than she loved me for a long time."

"I just remember a little about him... He seemed nice."

"He's really nice... Unless you make him angry... Then..."