Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff sat across from Phil Coulson’s grave. His death was tragic. It had been a year and a half and Natasha still couldn’t help but want to cry when she thought of his death. She should’ve been there to save him. But she wasn’t there, she wasn’t with him. He was like an older brother to her, he always took care of her and they messed with each other like siblings.

            “Hey Phil… I don’t come here enough. I wish you were still here with us. I really don’t have very many people to hang out with anymore. Hawkeye is really the only one left. Well, him and Captain. I know you really admired him. He is pretty cool, isn’t he? He’s sorry that he never got to sign your cards. I know that was what you wanted more than anything. But hey, you knew the Avengers, and trying to save one of us was the last thing you did. Thor’s okay, for what we know. We haven’t heard much from him in the past year and a half. But he’s alive. He helped us defeat Loki’s army. Loki hasn’t threatened Earth since. He’s back wherever he came from. We won.

            I’m doing okay, but S.H.I.E.L.D just isn’t the same without you. You were probably the best agent there. Hawk and I are still there. Clint misses you as much as I do, and so does Nick. They’re good too. I think Tony is doing okay. He’s been flying around the base a lot lately. Steve is basically living with us. We’ve had our eyes on Bruce. He seems okay. He’s seemed a little bit low lately, and he’s getting really close to letting the Hulk out. I’m a little worried about that. We know that Thor’s still out there somewhere because lightning has been striking more than ever lately.

            What all have you missed out on? We basically all went our separate ways… We got a new scientist in the gamma radiation lab. She’s basically Bruce’s lady friend, though he’d never admit it. A lot has changed without you around. Dr. Selvig is hardly there anymore. You were one of his best friends. Well, I need to get back to work. It’s kind of crazy around here. You might want to know that the Avengers are assembling again. Some Frost Giants are threatening Earth. They’re supposed to be super dangerous. So we’re bringing in the best. It really won’t be the same without you. And, though I’d never tell anyone else, I’m really going to miss Thor too.

            Well I really need to go. Clint said hi. He misses you but… Hawk doesn’t really leave his nest much, and coming here with me wasn’t an option. He’d be crying like a baby. We both miss you so much. You were like the big brother I never had. You were a good man, Phil. You were a great man. It’ll never be the same without you. We miss you more than ever. Tell God I said hi. Tell my dad I said hi too. He’s up there with you. You probably know him. That’s a nice thought, right? We’re going to miss you so much this time. But we have to save the world again. Wish me luck, okay? Be my guardian angel. I really need a guardian angel now. Without one… well I’d see you soon then. I love you Phil. You were my best friend and like my big brother. I miss you. We all do… I’ll talk to you soon, I hope. See you someday. I don’t know when. But I miss you. Love you, Phil. I was nice talking to you again. Even if you don’t talk back, it’s still good. I’ll see you someday. We’ll be together again. I’ll see you. Bye Phil.” Natasha said to the grave.

            Natasha stood up and started to walk out of the cemetery. She took a deep breath and turned away from the grave. “Hey!” A new voice said. Natasha quickly turned toward the source of the noise. A boy who was maybe 10 years old and his mom stood behind her. The boy had light brown hair and looked vaguely familiar, though Natasha couldn’t quite put her finger on it. The mother didn’t look familiar at all, but she could’ve sworn that she’d met the boy before. She just couldn’t quite put her finger on it… “Uh, hi.” She said.

            “You’re Black Widow, aren’t you? You’re an Avenger?” he said.

            “Yeah, I am.”