Loki

Loki flopped onto his bed, having nothing better to do. He stared at the ceiling, pulling off his armor. He tossed it onto the floor and just lay there. It just past one and everyone had crawled into bed, since it had been a very long day. Loki had gotten beat up several times that day, due to his mistakes. Had he not been an Asgardian, he would’ve been extremely bruised and broken, but he was a God. He was fine.

Loki had never been one for sleep. He never needed it. Asgardians had very little need for sleep. They could if they wanted, but you could get a lot done in a night. Without sleep, they could get twice as much done. But bruised, worn, tired, and beaten, Loki didn’t feel like doing anything. He felt like lying down and just trying to rest. Though he wasn’t terribly injured, he was still sore and he didn’t feel like trying to do anything.

But a few good things had come from that day. First, he had become friends with his three partners for the day. He’d earned trust from Bruce Banner, Ororo Munroe, and T’Challa. He had very few who really trusted him. But he was inching his way into their lives, inching their way into their trust. Also, there was a man, the sorcerer supreme of Midgard. He was named Stephen Vincent Strange. But nobody ever called him that. Instead he was better known as Doctor Strange. And Loki had befriended him. They had a lot to learn from each other.

He replayed his day through his mind, over and over. When he woke up, the Wolverine man ran into him, realized who he was, and stabbed him. But of course, he was fine. He had to explain Wolverine that he was the good guy now. Loki could tell that he was still a bit on edge about the concept. Then he got into an argument with Tony Stark. Tony had insisted that his helmet made him look like a gay reindeer, and Loki had told him that his Iron Man suit made him look fat. Things did not end quite well when Thor accidentally used the Odinforce against them and somehow used it to suspend both of them by their undergarments off the side of the Helicarrier.

After that mishap, Loki had to figure out what to do with Amora. That didn’t end well either. She insisted that she would be good, but Loki didn’t trust her. After deciding on leaving her in solitary confinement while he was gone, she used her magic to suspend him by his underwear off the hook where the keys to solitary confinement were found. His undergarments had hurt him a lot that morning, and if he’d learned one thing from that day, it was that underwear can hurt you.

Then they all scattered in groups to find new recruits. His group consisted of Thor, T’Challa, Ororo, and Bruce. Ororo and T’Challa were sent to watch the most unstable of the group, Thor, since he was still learning to use his power and sometimes strange things happened depending on his emotion., Dr. Banner, because he knew that the Hulk was at risk of being unleashed, and Loki himself, because no one quite trusted him. Loki had found that very offensive, but he just dealt with it. Then he took beatings from various heroes, the Heroes for Hire giving him the worst beating he’d ever had. Thor had stopped the others, but he must have found the one with the Heroes for Hire amusing.

Once they’d returned from their little trip, he spent the evening with Adryh. He was growing close to her. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, he wasn’t sure yet. He liked her. Loved her even. He had never been in love except once, and that ended tragically. Maybe a fresh start was what he needed. But with Amora being there, it was getting difficult. She had been the only woman Loki had ever loved, and having to constantly supervise her was growing tedious and annoying. No. Those weren’t the words. It was growing difficult because the things between them grew awkward. He knew Amora wanted to talk about their kiss in Jotunheim, but he just wanted to forget. He had Adryh. He kept her by his side at all times, or at least most of the time. Loki found that Amora would drop the subject as long as somebody else was around. That was all he needed.

Amora was growing more and more aggravated with Loki as the days went on. He left her in confinement when he left for the day and then left her there for an extra hour, needing some alone time with Adryh. Loki decided that they needed to sleep in the same room so he could keep a watchful eye on her. But he regretted that, finding that the time he spent lying on his back was the only alone time he’d had all day. He wasn’t even truly alone. She was just in the shower in the other room. But this was the closest thing to alone time he’d had.