Natasha Romanoff

Natasha was growing tired. The Mandarin had called in his army, and both Johnny and Tony were too preoccupied with Toni and Pepper to help the Avengers at all. They were growing outnumbered, and the constant flow of absolute rage that Natasha needed for her fire was wearing her out, especially since it was doing very little to the Mandarin’s army. The only people who were making really any progress were Clint, Bobby Drake, and Pepper Potts. Someone was missing, but Natasha couldn’t quite place her finger on who it could possibly be.

Natasha continued to fight against the Mandarin’s army, but her flame was doing little against theirs, their power being ten times stronger than hers. Natasha regrouped with Clint as he fought the Mandarin’s army with ease, freezing them easily with his Frost Giant powers. Natasha fought to the best of her ability, but she was little match for the Extremis projects.

Using her fire, she shot down a few of them, but she was finding that their bodies would just sort of regenerate, their wounds healing with incredible speed. Since Natasha was deprived of that ability, she found herself burned and wounded. She stayed behind Clint, who seemed to have this all under control. He was freezing his arrows with ease and then shooting them at the Extremis projects, and then he would make the arrows explode and they killed the Mandarin’s army with ease.

Natasha was beginning to envy Clint. She had never been of much use, had she? She never was really able to do as much as the others, even with her powers. She knew that she would be of use once they faced the Frost Giants since their greatest weakness was fire, but against the Extremis soldiers she felt like she was nothing but useless. She knew that she could fight, but her fire was doing very little against theirs. She wished that she could be of more use as she fought against them, but she forced her mind back onto the battle itself instead of thinking about her own inner demons and her many insecurities.

Natasha had more insecurities than she let anybody know. She constantly felt like she was smaller than anyone in the Avengers, even with the fire, since she had little control of it anyways. When she was around other S.H.I.E.L.D agents, she constantly felt like, though she was feared, she was looked down upon because of her past. At first, it had taken a long time for anybody to warm up to her because of her past, plus she fact that she was supposed to be killed by Clint anyways. She never felt like she measured up, and she loathed it.

Shaking the thoughts of her past away to focus on this battle, Natasha turned and shot down one of the Extremis projects. She looked over toward Johnny, hoping to find some fighting tactics, but he wasn’t doing much better than she was, and he was probably doing worse, considering the fact that he was practically cowering behind Iceman and Colossus. Natasha rolled her eyes and continued to summon fire from her fingertips, gathering as much rage and desperation she could yet continuing to come up short of the others.

You have other abilities than your fire, Agent Romanoff. You were an Avenger before you became a Fire Demon hybrid. Remember?

Thor’s voice echoed in her ears suddenly and Natasha whipped around toward her teammate. He was fighting, but he glanced over towards her occasionally and smiled shyly at her. He must have been using his Asgardian abilities to communicate with her telepathically since he saw her struggling. Natasha realized that the God of Thunder was right. She was still an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and she was still the most skilled spy of possibly all time. She’d helped take down the Chitauri and she knew that she could take down this army too. Taking a deep breath, Natasha flipped around some of the Extremis soldiers, avoiding their fire, their ammunition. She reached the Captain and threw a punch at one of the Extremis soldiers that the Captain was fighting, knocking the soldier out with ease.

“Hey, Captain, you want to give me a boost?” Natasha shouted over the battle.

“What for?” He inquired.