Tony Stark

Tony fought against the foe called Doctor Octopus, firing repulsor blast after repulsor blast at him, but he wasn’t going down. He and Pepper fought side-by-side, something the genius billionaire had always wanted to do. The two were fighting, Pepper spitting fire at the Doctor Octopus and using her power from the Extremis for the good of the team, showing that she had what it took to be an Avenger, which was something that Tony was very proud of.

Tony had known that Pepper wasn’t dead. He’d known it all along. He was glad that he’d never given up on his hope of finding her, and she’d been with his enemy the entire time. She was alive and well, though she was a bit beaten up and she had a few bruises, but it was nothing serious. She was fighting right alongside him, and she was doing even better than he was. She was doing even more damage than he was, which was a surprise for him.

In an attempt to show up his girlfriend, since they constantly tried to show each other up, he sent a tank missile into one of the four legs of Doctor Octopus, causing it to blow off and he grabbed the mechanical leg and began to beat the evil doctor with it, causing him to fight back with his remaining three legs even harder. He swung one at the Iron Man and sent him hurtling into the wall behind him, leaving a large dent in the metallic wall.

Tony saw Pepper turn to him and smirk, mocking him for his bit of failure. He glared at her and rolled his eyes before flying up next to her. He had a plan, an idea that just might be able to stop the notorious Doctor Octopus. He held up his hand and shot a repulsor blast quickly at the Doctor instead of the metal arms. That, of course, wasn’t his plan, but it would give him time to tell Pepper what his plan actually was, which was exactly what he did.

“Pep!” Tony cried out.

“What?” She shouted, shooting fire with her hands at the distracted foe.

“We need to aim at the doctor, not the legs. You breathe your fire while I shoot the unibeam from my arc reactor! Got it?”

“Got it!”

The two aimed and fired at their foe, Doctor Octopus letting out a wail of pain as the two gave all that they had into putting this villain down. He screeched as he waved his free mechanical arm around mindlessly, trying to hit the two heroes but missing, sometimes miserably, other times by no more than mere inches. The two knew that their fight with this enemy was nearing its end, which was good news for the two Avengers. They knew that they needed to get to Jan as quickly as possible, and they had very little time to do it.

Suddenly, just as the dynamic duo was starting to gain the upper hand, there was a flurry of green and black smoke, the smoke filling the entire room and possibly even the entire Helicarrier. Tony could hear the others coughing, though he didn’t cough because his iron mask protected him from he smoke. Once the mysterious green and black smoke cleared away from the room, Tony found that all of the their villains, the enemies that they were wrestling against, all had vanished into the mysterious smoke, baffling the scientific mind of Tony Stark.

Tony shut off the unibeam that continued to lurch from the arc reactor inside of his chest. He had to force back a scream of frustration, hatred and anger welling up inside of him. They’d gotten away, causing Tony to curse furiously beneath his breath, completely fuming in anger and rage. He lowered himself to the ground, landing next to Pepper, knowing that she’d make him feel at least a little bit better, though he knew that she knew just about as much on the matter as he did.

“What the heck was that?” Tony shouted, alerting the rest of the room.

“They’ve disappeared!” Shouted Steve.

“No. Really?” Clint remarked at Steve’s obviousness.

“Look, guys, we don’t need a repeat of last time the Avengers had to assemble. We don’t need more fighting. We just need to find these morons and take them out! We need to fight as one, not have a civil war.” Bruce commented, trying to keep the peace.