Phil Coulson's Journal

May 17th, 2011

You will never believe what we found. CAPTAIN AMERICA!!!! And even better! HE'S ALIVE! He was in the ice for 70 years and survived, thanks to the Super Soldier Serum. He hasn't aged at all and Fury says that, if we ever need it, he can join the Avengers! I AM TOTALLY FANGIRLING RIGHT NOW!!!! I mean... yeah. We found Captain America... OH WHO AM I KIDDING IT'S THE GUY I'VE LOOKED UP TO SINCE I WAS A KID! AND I GET TO BE THERE WHEN THEY UNTHAW HIM!

May 24th, 2011

I watched Captain America while he was sleeping! FANGIRLING AGAIN! Well, I watched him unthaw. How cool is that? I won't get to be there when he wakes up, only Agent Romanoff gets to really be there. But I'll meet him someday. He's still asleep. We're trying to make it seem like the forties, but he's not going to be fooled for long. The guy's bound to notice eventually. He can't live in complete oblivion. But he's Captain America. He'll be fine!

July 15, 2011

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Nah I'm kidding. But how cool would that be??? Maybe someday. That big Destroyer thing that nearly killed Thor could possibly come back and we could assemble the Avengers. I don't know. You know, fighting Loki could bring the Avengers in. That'd be so cool!!! Fury thinks I'm immature for wanting to assemble the Avengers for every little thing. Sorry if I think that Captain America is awesome and it'd be the perfect opportunity for me to meet him and to ask him to sign my vintage Captain America trading cards.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish something bigger than S.H.I.E.L.D would come along. Do I sound like a bad agent for saying that? I just want to really meet these heroes. I mean, I've never met Dr. Banner, which would be so cool. I've never met Captain America, well, not officially. There are millions of heroes in the world. I know we've got only 5 that we have even talked to but still!!! Can't we bring every hero of the world and just bring them together to fight against the common threat? Why not?

I can think of about twenty heroes right off the top of my head. We all fight for the same thing, don't we? We fight for what's right!!! So why can't we just come together and just fight against whatever comes at us! We are Avengers!!! All of us! We all can be! S.H.I.E.L.D and Fury may only recruit a few of us, but why can't we just have everyone, all of us, fighting as one? Why can't all the heroes, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Heroes for Hire, and all the solo acts, just come together???

So, with that, I have two words left to say.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

January 6th, 2012

Our world's about to break

Tormented and attacked

Lost but when we wake

There's no way to pull back

I was standing on my own

But now I'm not alone

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

Always we will fight as one

Until the battle's won

With evil on the run

We never come undone

Assemble we are strong

Forever fight as one

Assemble we are strong

Forever fight as one...

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

May 1st, 2012

Finally. Finally. Finally. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!! No, I'm serious this time! Okay, so Loki, Brother of Thor, came and stole the Tesseract and is trying to take over the world. And we're terribly outgunned, as Fury would say. But guess what? Fury decided to assemble the Avengers!!!! And even better. I met Captain America yesterday morning!! I can't calm down! He even agreed to sign my cards! Woo!!! But this isn't over. I know it's not.