Peter Parker

The gunshots rang loudly in Peter’s ears as they shot at Ororo and T’Challa. Everyone had watched as the Mad Thinker had tortured and tormented poor Ororo, but nobody had been able to do a thing to help her until T’Challa came to the rescue. Peter had foolishly believed that it was over as soon as T’Challa had come to save the day, but he was obviously so very wrong.

The Mad Thinker had gotten back up and pulled a gun on the couple, shooting but his aim was bad. He shot at T’Challa and Peter could see that he’d nicked a bit of his arm, but he looked okay. Ororo looked like she’d been hurt worse than T’Challa had, taken aback and startled and standing in utter shock and disbelief. She looked like she was ready to vomit and, knowing that she was pregnant; it wouldn’t surprise him if she did.

Peter felt just a little bit invisible. He usually felt invisible amongst the crowd of heroes, amongst the Avengers. He felt like they never really noticed that he was there and he was just background to the other heroes. He didn’t really understand why, but he knew it had to be because of his shyness and how he’d been so reluctant to join. He sighed, knowing that it didn’t matter. There was only one thing that mattered, and that was escaping and finishing off the Mad Thinker and the armies.

The amazing Spider-Man was praying that this would come to an end very soon. He wanted to get back to the Helicarrier and finally get his wounds from Venom treated and then go check on Harry. Before the Avengers left, some Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D got Venom and locked him down in solitary confinement until he turned back into good old Harry Osborn.

Things had just been getting worse for Peter ever since they left the Helicarrier. Peter had no idea whether Mary Jane was safe or not, his wound where he’d been hurt but Venom was refusing to close and everything seemed to make it start bleeding, and his Spidey-Sense wouldn’t stop ringing. And that wasn’t even mentioning the fact that they were at war and they were being held captive by the Mad Thinker. Things didn’t seem like they could get any worse…

But, of course, he was wrong.

Things could always get worse.

Always.

Peter sighed, remembering all of the times when things had gone from bad to worse. There were plenty of times. His story was not for the faint of heart; that was for sure. He hated everything that had happened, everything that had left him scarred and broken. All that he liked about it was the final outcome, the final result. It had shaped him into the man that he was. It changed him into the one and only Spider-Man, defender, superhero, Avenger…

Peter was beginning to question himself. Had becoming an Avenger really been the best idea? The Avengers could work without him, surely. All he’d done was add problems because he was the one that had lured Venom onto the Helicarrier in the first place. Had he been back in his own apartment, no one would’ve gotten hurt by Venom except him. He could’ve come up with the anti-Venom and gotten Harry back to normal and everything would’ve been fine.

Bruce and Tony had never gotten the chance to inject their anti-venom into Harry and that was why Venom was still terrorizing everyone. With Bruce’s kidnapping and Pepper going missing, everything had just been so busy that no one had remembered Harry and Peter’s problems. They’d only thought about their own, which Peter didn’t blame them for, but it had cost Harry his normality and it was beginning to cost him his sanity. Peter hated that all of that was happening to his best friend, his only real friend that he’d ever had. He loathed it all and he just wanted the normal Harry Osborn back as he belonged.

But he supposed that didn’t matter at the moment. Harry had locked himself away in solitary confinement where the security was so heavy that the beast wouldn’t be getting out any time soon. It wasn’t going to matter. What mattered was this battle between the Mad Thinker and Storm, which surely was going to be epic. Peter decided that, since he could barely even move, he might as well watch this epic showdown.