Random Bonus Chapter #3

Loki strolled through the halls, looking for something to do. Thor was with Jane, Amora was locked in solitary confinement, and the other Avengers were off on their own, doing whatever they liked to do in their down time. He strolled along, doing nothing in particular, when he stumbled upon a familiar S.H.I.E.L.D agent. It was Agent Maria Hill, who seemed to be looking for someone.

            “Loki! Director Fury needs you down in the conference room, stat!” She claimed.

            Loki nodded slowly, just a bit confused. Fury had yet to forgive Loki and take a liking to him, yet the director or S.H.I.E.L.D did accept and tolerate him. Loki turned and headed to the conference room, wondering what this was all about. Was Director Fury going to kick him off the Helicarrier? Was he going to prohibit him from being an Avenger because of his past? Loki decided that he was going to have to find out sooner or later, and it appeared as though sooner was the option that fate had already decided for him.

            The Asgardian approached the conference room and slipped inside to find all of the Avengers sitting there, a large cake sitting in the center of the table, a tier dedicated to each of the Avengers, the bottom being made to resemble the chest of Tony Stark’s suit with a glowing representation of the arc reactor that resided in Tony’s chest, the next on being red, white, and blue with a star in the center, representing Captain America, the next iced with gray, looking like a wall, with the Incredible Hulk’s green fist bursting from it, the next a purple tier with a bow and arrow painted on with a black gun next to it, the next tier being entirely black with two purple eyes, meaning to be T’Challa, the tier above that being like a storm, the one above that being painted yellow and black, representing Wasp, the one above that being red with small ants drawn on it, the next being red with webbing drawn over it, the final one being red with his brother’s helmet drawn on with a small fondue icing version of his hammer. On top of it all was a small fondue representation of his helmet and staff. Then Loki realized that this was some sort of party for him.

            Loki watched as Thor stood up and greeted him, leading him over to the Director, who was watching him. Director Fury walked over to them and held out a hand, which Loki eagerly took. Loki looked into the Director’s eye and smiled, glad to be accepted by S.H.I.E.L.D as one of the team.

            “Congratulations Loki.” Fury congratulated.

            “Thank you, Director.” Loki replied.

            “Now, there is something we have for you, before we eat. We know that you had this insane need for power before. Now you have insane fans for some odd reason, despite the fact that you tried to enslave Earth. But there is a place called Comic-Con. It’s a huge convention. They have a panel dedicated to the Avengers this year, but they also somehow have a panel for you as well. We thought that you may like to… Why don’t you pretend to still be insane, put on a show for them. You can finally have that… Power you always wanted. And then you can strut on over to the Avengers panel and announce that you’re now an Avenger!”

            Loki smiled and decided that it’d be fun. He never knew that he had fans. He had thought that everyone had hated him for what he’d done. But now he knew that it wasn’t true. Loki smiled and nodded. Fury then quickly led them out of the conference room and toward the Quinjets, and the Asgardian, as well as all of the others, crammed into the Quinjet as they took off, heading for Comic-Con.

*Avengers*

            Loki watched from behind the curtain as some people began to speak about him. He was going to put on a show for them. He decided that this was going to be some good fun. He sometimes missed the time during the war, the kneeling and the praise from his few followers. He missed insanity at times. He still wanted admiration, and with these peoples called fangirls, he might just get that. He smiled as the microphone of the person speaking cut out and the lights flickered on and off a few times before shutting off entirely. It was his turn for the spotlight.