Bruce Banner

Bruce stepped across the room, Betty at his side, as always. He wrapped his arms around her and walked into the laboratory. It was strangely quiet, only Bruce and Betty and one girl in the corner of the room. It was the famous Billie Tyler, who had become Bruce’s friend after she saved his life. He smiled to his young friend and led the way over to her.

“Hey Billie.” Bruce greeted warmly.

“Hi, Bruce!” Billie exclaimed brightly, a smile spreading over her lips.

“There’s a Doctor Who marathon on tonight. Betty and I are going to watch it, so we thought you might like to join.”

“Sounds great. Let’s go! ALLONS-Y!”

Billie led the way to an unfamiliar room that had a large TV in it and a couch. Bruce plopped onto the couch, Betty curling up beside him on one side of him and Billie lounging back on the other side of him. She clicked on the TV and the Doctor Who theme song started blaring as Christopher Eccleston’s name appeared on the screen, and then Billie Piper’s.

The hours passed with plenty of laughs, tears, and edge-of-your-seat suspense, though the three had already seen every one of those episodes. Billie and Betty both looked like they were about to begin sobbing as they watched the season 4 finale, the one when the Tenth Doctor regenerates. Bruce had to admit that it was painful for him to watch as well, Ten being his favorite and everything.

Bruce watched as an Ood made his way over to the Doctor; the poor Doctor was on the snow-dusted ground, gripping his side in agony. “Radiation poisoning. That’d be an awful way to die.” Bruce mumbled. Betty looked up at him with a lighthearted glare etched across her gorgeous features. She shushed him and he continued to watch his show. The Doctor was now in the TARDIS, only seconds away from regenerating. His heart was aching as he watched, hating this scene. He hated that the Doctor had to regenerate in that show. He hated regenerations. They were too difficult to watch.

“I don’t want to go.” The Doctor whispered on screen as the two girls broke into a hysterical fit of sobbing. Bruce wrapped his arms around both the girls, hoping to give them some solace, though he found it a bit funny that they were crying so hysterically over a TV show. He knew that the show did tend to play with your emotions at times, and it’d even nearly induced a Hulk-Out before, so he didn’t blame the girls.

Suddenly, out nowhere, several Hulk Busters burst into the room, their guns ready and aimed at the trio. Bruce bolted up, searching for a way out of this one. Bruce knew that there was no way out of this one, so he turned to Betty, who was drying her eyes and she had a stone-cold expression written over her face. Bruce nodded toward her and she nodded back. He signaled for Billie to stay back as the two tried to Hulk-Out, but nothing happened.

They were trapped.

Bruce slowly awakened, trying to figure out where he was and what had happened. He forced his eyes open slowly, the cold air engulfing him. His arms were raised high over his head and he couldn’t figure out why. The dark room was only illuminated by the small window leading out of the small dungeon that he was trapped in. It took a second for Bruce’s eyes to adjust, but they finally did.

Bruce was chained up in a small chamber on one side of the room. There was a tiny monitor in the top right corner that was watching the doctor’s every move. A glass door stood in front of his face, encasing him, trapping him. Bruce had been stripped of his shirt and all he had on was a pair of jeans. Betty was trapped behind another case on the other side of the room, still hanging unconscious from the chains. She looked peaceful, blissfully unaware of what was around her. They’d let her keep her clothes, unlike him. He prayed that she wouldn’t wake up and see all of this.