Clint Barton

Pain ripped through Clint’s body as a paranoid, distraught, injured, and bloody Natasha shot fire at him. He let out a pained gasp as the fire rippled over his Frost Giant skin. His skin took its natural blue form, like it was trying to protect him, but that just made it hurt more. Clint fell to his knees as the shock settled in, brokenness washing over him. Natasha fell beside him, the fire ceasing, and shock scrawled all over her beautiful features.

Natasha’s mouth hung open as she realized what she’d done. Clint felt the pain ripping through him and he knew that he was seriously wounded. He glanced at Natasha and he knew immediately that she was wounded too, stabbed, the stab wound extremely deep. Blood kept gushing from her body as Clint’s blue skin blistered over his chest, burning still, the pain refusing to subside. Clint raised a shaky hand to Natasha’s face as he gently pushed back a lock of her red hair. He wasn’t mad. He knew that she was paranoid and that she thought it was the Fire Demon that he’d left her to fight.

Clint remembered the past fifteen minutes while he’d been forced to fight without Natasha. The Hulk Busters were in the next room, so they really weren’t that much of a struggle. He was able to help until his fifteen minutes were up. Those fifteen minutes had been agonizing, not knowing if Natasha was alright or not, and she obviously wasn’t. There was a deep, jagged cut that started from the bottom of her torso and ended just above her bellybutton.

Clint watched as Natasha began to bleed out, her face paling rapidly. Clint kept his shaking hand against her face, trying to choke something out, anything. But nothing could escape his lips, like they were sealed shut. But Natasha was sputtering out apologies that he couldn’t quite hear as the delirium continued to settle in, the shock of it all killing him. How had this happened? Why had she shot him? Well it was obvious. Natasha had thought that he was Levid and shot at him in fear, simply trying to defend herself from her assailant.

“HELP!” Natasha shrieked, piercing through his frazzled thoughts. Clint collapsed to the ground as she shouted, Natasha collapsing beside him. He frantically grasped her hand, holding onto her tightly. Clint watched weakly as the bloodied Natasha forced herself up, forcing herself to sit up. Clint wanted to tell her to stay down, but his voice just seemed to be missing.

“I’m so sorry.” Natasha whispered.

Clint just nodded, forgiving her silently.

“What happened in here?” a new voice said.

Tony flew into the room, the rest of the Avengers still battling in the other room. Tony flew over to them, raising his golden mask. Clint looked weakly up at him and tried to give his teammate a small smile of reassurance, but he couldn’t force it as the pain rippled through him. He heard Tony mutter something quietly as the genius billionaire scanned over the archer.

“I’m going to go get the others. You need help.” Tony grumbled.

Clint closed his eyes as he heard the metallic footsteps clanking against the tile floor, dashing to the other Avengers. Clint could feel Natasha’s hand against his, curling her hands tightly around his, giving him comfort. He felt her lips graze his forehead, sensing that she was sitting up, though he knew that she needed to lie down, to hopefully reduce the bleeding.

“You’re going to be okay, Clint. We’re going to get you taken care of, alright? I promise, nothing bad is going to happen to you.” Natasha whispered.

Clint just nodded as the Avengers flooded into the room. He watched as Dr. Banner rushed to his side, Betty dropping to her knees beside Natasha as Clint’s girlfriend dropped to the ground, weaker than ever. Clint felt Bruce examine him, but he closed his eyes slowly, trying to force the pain away from his body. He could sense Dr. Banner standing up and he heard the doctor clap his hands together, calling attention to himself.