Clint Barton

Clint shot effortlessly at the Frost Giants, shooting them with ease from his perch on top of a frozen, decaying statue. He hid there, shooting his arrows, using the ones from the good old days. He had Natasha to thank for that. He felt bad about making her stay in Asgard, but they didn’t have any special powers or any suits of armor, and it worried him. He had made her stay in Asgard to interrogate the demon. Effortlessly shooting another arrow at a Giant that was attacking Thor, he thought about how that had went. Had she interrogated it yet? Had she gotten any information?

Clint hid behind the arm of the statue, taking shelter from the knives of ice that had been hurtled at him. They were at war, and his strength was growing. He grew confident, though he was always confident in his skills as an archer. He dodged an ice knife and shot an arrow at whoever had thrown it. He struck it through the heart, as always, killing it. He wanted to go back and grab his arrow because he was running low on them. He was grateful to have his arrows back, but he wished he had more.

Suddenly, Clint felt a sharp stab in his leg. He looked down and saw an ice knife in his leg, a Frost Giant still holding on. Clint kicked it off and sat on the statue. He gently pulled out the knife, tossing the blood-covered ice aside. He covered the bloody wound with his hand, panicking. The blood was gushing fast. Panicky, he yanked his black bandana from his forehead. He quickly tied it around the wound, careful not to hurt himself. Then he stood back up, forcing himself up, and shot at another Giant.

Clint shot down another two. They called him Hawkeye for a reason. There were very few times when he even had to focus to get a perfect shot. He had been shooting since he was five and he was never going to stop. Clint looked around, searching for his next target. He saw that Wasp was in trouble, failing to fight off six enormous Giants. He knew that he could never get them all in one shot, and he was down to his last three arrows. Clint looked around again. He looked at where the Hulk was standing, and Clint knew that if he could get the shot just right, he could send it through all the Giants’ necks at once.

Clint pulled out an arrow and loaded it into his bow backwards. He stood up straight and bent to fit the angle he needed to make that shot. His eyes narrowed on the Hulk as pulled the string back to his cheek. He focused. This was going to be one of those rare times when he needed to focus. He took a deep breath as he let go of the string, sending the arrow flying. It bounced off the Hulk, just as he hoped it would. Gaining speed as it flew, the arrow flew through the Giants attacking Wasp, killing them all.

“Thank you!” Jan thanked gratefully.

“Cupid’s got good aim.” The Hulk grunted, Bruce’s voice behind the gruffness.

“Thank you… Wait, did he just call me Cupid?”

“I think so.” Jan said.

“And I think that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever heard him say when he’s big, green, and angry.” Tony commented.

“Yeah, I think you’re right.” Steve agreed.

“I am not Cupid.” Clint interrupted.

Clint jumped from his spot on the statue, picking up some of his bloody arrows as he walked. He bravely approached the beast, not thinking of what could happen, of what he could do to him. He didn’t care. He used one arrow to stab a Frost Giant trying to sneak up on him, making his way toward the Hulk. “I am not Cupid. I am Hawkeye, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I could kick your butt any day.” Clint said assertively.

The Hulk just grunted.

“Clint, you realize that he could kill you at any second, right?” Tony said.

“He’s not going to.” Clint answered.

“He’s ten times bigger than you, and you kind of have no powers.”