Ororo Munroe

Ororo watched as T’Challa transformed into the Panther, a real panther. She desperately hoped that it would not happen, but T’Challa had just been holding a bomb when it exploded, and he was hurt. T’Challa roared and pounced at Clint as she managed to escape. She watched in awe as the Panther dug its teeth into Clint’s side, knocking Clint to the ground. He struggled to escape, blood gushing from his wounded side. But the Panther refused to let him go.

In all the years that she’d known T’Challa and his family, Ororo had never seen one turn into the Panther until then. She knew that there was a spirit inside of them once they claimed the name the Black Panther. Ororo knew this all along, and she knew that it would be released when he is dying. Ororo knew that T’Challa was going to die anyway, but this confirmed his death, and though amazed by the sight, Ororo’s heart was breaking as she watched the Panther attack.

Ororo fell to her knees, her heart breaking. She needed to save him once this was all over and T’Challa returned to normal. She needed to save his life. She couldn’t let him die. Who would take the throne of Wakanda? Without an heir, there would be no one to take it. Who would be the next Black Panther? It would be up to her if he died. Who would take his place in her heart? No one. T’Challa had too much to live for and meant too much to her to die at the hand of Clint. No. She wouldn’t let him.

Ororo watched as the Panther viciously attacked Clint, yet it had enough sense to restrain itself from killing him. Clint was still on their side, simply compromised because of a complex plan. Clint fought back, his blue eyes spacey and lost. She knew that the Clint she knew wasn’t hurting. This was only an empty shell of what used to be Clint Barton. The Panther viciously fought him, blood spurting from Clint’s wounds. Ororo knew that her friend would surely die if he didn’t stop attacking, and the Panther didn’t let up.

Distracted, Ororo noticed that Thor the Thunderer had fallen beside her, fighting off a Giant. He lay face up; the only thing standing between the two was Thor’s hammer. Ororo started to help him fight it off, but then she watched as the Giant touched Thor’s hand, and it turned the same sickly blue color as the Giant. She saw Thor’s eyes go wide in shock and disbelief, gaping at the blue skin. The Giant smiled sinisterly as Ororo summoned a wind to carry him away.

Ororo helped a dazed, shocked Thor off the frozen ground. He looked down at his own hand, which was slowly going back to normal. Ororo had never seen Thor look so weak. He looked devastated for reasons Ororo could not understand. What had just happened? She had no idea what had happened, but she tried to console him to the best of her ability. “Thor…” Ororo whispered.

“He has lied to both of us.” He whispered to himself, studying his hand.

“Who lied to you?”

“My father lied to me…”

“Thor, what is wrong?”

“I… I am a Frost Giant.”

“What? No you aren’t! You’re an Asgardian.”

“No… My hand…”

“Thor, just… It’s okay…”

“I’m a Giant…”

“Thor…”

“He lied to me!”

In a fit of rage, Thor swung back Mjolnir and wiped out a dozen Giants. Thor yelled in rage, shouting something she couldn’t understand. He summoned lightning from the dark sky and then slammed his hammer against the frozen floor. The lightning rushed in a straight line through the floor, electrocuting Frost Giants that stood in his path. Thor was outraged by this, not so much about being a Frost Giant, but being lied to. Ororo still did not fully understand, but she put her small hand on his massive shoulder, hoping to calm him down. “Thor. You can settle this once we return to Asgard. You must focus right now…” Ororo whispered.