Loki

Loki watched as Darcy and Steve hugged, listened to the applauding as he proposed to her. It was nice. A nice sentiment. There was a part of the God of Mischief that wanted that for himself and someone else, but he knew that there was no chance of that happening. Loki didn’t want a wife and children or a family, not anymore, not after that day. He didn’t want any more people to enter his family he’d already lost so many people in it.

Loki found himself reflecting everything that’d happened during the war. He’d lost his mother to Surtur and his Fire Demons and he’d not even been there to protect her. He’d lost his father because of something so minor, something as small as a small quaking of their earth. He’d lost his son in the same tragedy, just minutes apart from each other. He’d been threatened by Thanos; the woman he’d loved had turned against him. He had to kill somebody that he thought he loved. He’d discovered that he had brothers, other sons of Laufey. It had been scarring to say the least.

As another slow song came on for Darcy and Steve to dance to, two of the Warriors Three came to join him. Sif and Fandral had sort of hit it off lately for some odd reason and they were out on the dance floor still, dancing. Loki, Volstagg, and Hogun were some of the few that had nobody to dance with, nobody to hold on to. The Asgardians didn’t entirely mind this, but Loki was finding himself a bit bitter about it, though he couldn’t explain why.

“Back to join me, boys?” Loki asked as they joined him.

“Yes, sadly. No one quite wants to dance with us.” Volstagg replied.

Hogun just grunted in agreement.

“Yes, I as well.” Loki sighed.

The God of Mischief leaned against the wall, letting his usual attire wrap around him using magic. He’d spent the wedding in a tuxedo, but he wasn’t too fond of the Midgardian clothing. He felt vulnerable without the heavy weight of his armor covering him, and after what they’d just survived, vulnerability wasn’t something that Loki wanted to feel. As he sipped at his drink, he leaned up against the wall, his eyes closed peacefully, finding himself exhausted.

“Now, I wouldn’t say that.” Volstagg muttered in reply to his last statement.

Loki opened his eyes, a bit puzzled. Who would want to be his love for the night, his dance partner? Girls weren’t exactly lining up to dance with the ex-criminal turned hero, especially not these girls. Either way, the majority of them were already taken. Loki wasn’t sure what Volstagg possibly could’ve meant until he followed the voluminous warrior’s gaze, where he saw her. She was leaning against the wall, staring out at the dance floor, one foot propped against the wall.

Amora.

Her hair was parted neatly to the left side, her blonde hair flowing down around her shoulders. She wore a simple green dress and black heels, something that she managed to make look absolutely splendid. She looked simple, nothing extravagant, nothing so amazing that everybody turned to look at her. No. She just stood in that simple green dress and 3 inch heels, sipping her drink and watching the others.

Loki had only watched the others dance this entire time, not getting out and doing any dancing himself. He’d just stood there, propped up against his wall, and from what he could tell, Amora had probably done the same. He turned to Volstagg, pretending that what he’d said was absolutely absurd, overacting to what his friend had just suggested. His eyes darted between Volstagg the Voluminous and Amora the Enchantress, like he was shocked that Volstagg would say such a thing.

“Don’t pretend you don’t see it, Loki. She obviously is smitten and you obviously feel the same! Go make a move. There’s no better time.” Volstagg suggested.