Hank Pym

This fighting was getting tiring. Hank needed to get to Jan, who was in a tremendous amount of danger, he was sure. This psychopath was probably beating her, hurting her. This thought drove his rage as he fought against the Lizard alongside Hawkeye, holding the reptilian foe off, keeping the beast away from Peter Parker while he was busy fighting against Venom.

Hank saw the enormous tail of the reptilian foe swing toward him as it hissed viciously. Hank shrunk down as quickly as he could, evading the attack of the giant beast. He grew back to his normal size once he decided that it was safe, well, safer. He grabbed onto the tail and leaped on as it swung back and forth, the furious reptilian mutant struggling to get him off. He pulled out a dagger from his back pocket that he’d stored there before they had left for their quest.

Infuriated by all of this, all of the distractions, all of the detours, Hank pulled back the dagger and furiously lunged it into the Lizard’s tail. It shrieked in pain and Hank smiled at the enemy’s pain. This was the reason why Hank Pym was usually such a pacifist.  When he fought against enemies, he could have some tendencies to become sadistic, and he hated that side of himself. He tried desperately to keep that sadistic side of himself in check, but whenever he was fighting, he enjoyed watching the pain of his victims, his enemies. It was like Jekyll and Hyde. One side of him was the good man, the pacifist, the peace loving scientist. The other side was the sadistic killer, and though he used that sadistic side of himself in check by using it for his enemies only, it still was a tremendous burden. He tried to never let the sadistic side lose, but it was making an appearance then and there as he viciously rammed the dagger into the enormous Lizard’s tail.

His sadistic side of him was taking him over as he crawled up the back of the Lizard, holding on as tightly as he could. He was going to end this. The Lizard hissed and roared and screeched in anguish, giving the sadistic side of Hank great pleasure. He let that side of him run wild, knowing that this could be for the better. Hank viciously stabbed the Lizard in the back with his dagger, smirking cruelly as the Lizard shrieked and hissed and growled in pain, growing furious yet weaker.

Hank wanted this beast to die. He wanted to be the one to kill it. He tried to inch his way to the neck, but instead he was thrown off. He was shaken down to the bottom of the Lizard, back to the bottom of the tail. He decided that he’d just stab the tail and cause it pain. It’d give him a bit of gratification and a bit of satisfaction, though not as much as it’d give him if he could kill it. This was so out of character for the pacifist scientist, but it felt so good, so empowering, and he knew that he could shut off this side of himself whenever, and he typically did shut it off, so when he allowed himself to switch that side of himself on, it went incredibly wild.

“Don’t kill it! It’s like the Hulk. The other side can’t control this side of him so you can’t kill him! Just distract, alright, Pym?” Clint cried out.

Hank forced the sadistic side of him back inside and he ripped the dagger back out of the Lizard’s tail. He leaped from the tail as the Lizard whipped toward him, snapping its razor sharp teeth at the scientist. He dodged the attack, but the reptilian enemy still managed to nick at Hank’s arm, leaving a large gash, though he ignored the pain. He’d be able to fix that later. With a bit of focus, Hank could heal himself with his mutation from the Vibranium that he’d used. He could heal himself after the fight, but in that moment, he was just a bit too preoccupied to focus on a petty wound that could be healed later.

Hank tucked and rolled and joined the archer as he shot at the enormous reptile with his arrows, though not killing it or wounding it too severely. Hank and Clint both ducked as it swung its tail viciously at them. Hank watched as Clint shot another arrow before turning to Hank, still shooting but his focus not entirely on the situation, since he didn’t seem to need his entire focus.