Chapter Thirteen

Jerome P.0.V.

I loved today! We relaxed all day watching movies and sharing jokes, but the best part was finally calling the Canadian mine. He fell asleep in my arms awhile ago.

I look down to see his relaxed face nuzzled into my chest. I raced my hands though his soft brown hair.

"Aww, that's so cute!" Adam said as he grabbed another handful of popcorn from the gigantic bowl next to him.

"What?" I said blushing. I knew he meant me and Mitch.

"You and Mitch are like two peas in a pod! Its just so... KAWAII!!!" He yelled which made Ty and I jump. I chuckled a-little seeing that Mitch, the heavy sleeper he is, still asleep.

"Shhh..." Ty said pointing his finger at Mitch.

"Yea! Don't wake sleeping beauty!" I said caressing his cheek with my thumb. After a few minutes of silence, Ty broke it.

"I never knew how fragile he is..."  I look back down at Mitch. His pale skin still bright in the dimmed lights.

"I know. I feel bad, I mean its all my fault-"

"No its not!" Skylox said in unison. I chuckle a little,

"I know, that's what they all say..."

~

"Mitchie-poo!" I say rubbing the back of his neck, now known as the 'Magic Touch' by Adam.

"Wha-?" His deep, groggily voice mutters.

"Its dinner time!"

"So?" He said rubbing his eyes.

"That means food-"

"FOOD!!" He yelled which made my laugh.

"All you love is food isn't it!" I said inbetween laughs.

"Nut-uh! I love you more than food!!!!" He said kissing me softly.

"I love you." I said in the kiss.

"I love you too." He replied sweetly.

"Now come on! We're gonna' have hamburgers!" I quickly pushed Mitch off of me and pulled him up, interlocking our hands and dragging him towards the sliding doors that lead to the backyard where Ty and Adam are prepping the grill.

I stop dead in my tracks when I feel the gloves agents the palms of my hands.

"What's wrong biggums?"

"What's with the gloves?" My voice becoming stern.

"W-We can talk about it tonight, before bed." He didn't look at me but I could tell he was nervous again. I remembered how Ty talked about how fragile Mitch is.

"Ok. We will talk about it later." He nodded his head but still didn't look at me. I hugged Mitch knowing something was wrong but not knowing what was the hardest.

We walked outside hand-in-hand, or hand-in-glove, or whatever, and was greeted by the wonderful aroma of burgers on the grill.

"YUM!" I yell dragging Mitch over to the grill. Adam handed me the spatula to flip the burgers.

"Me and Ty are going to get the fix-in's started!" Adam yelled as he walked back into the house soon followed by Ty.

I look over at Mitch after I flipped the burgers. He seemed to be out of it. "Mitch?"

"Huh-Oh, what?" I must have snapped him from his thoughts.

"What's wrong biggums?" He opened his mouth to say something but stopped himself.

"Nothing, don't worry." He rested his chin on my shoulder and stared at the grill.

"You know, I'm gonna' start a list of things your gonna' have to tell meh tonight!" I say using his 'language' which makes him giggle a bit. "See that's the happy Benj I want to see!"

"Just focus on flipping burgers ya' dirty stinkin' Bacca!" I kiss Mitch on the cheek and change my attention back to the, now well cooked burgers.

"Woopie-doodles!" I grab the plate that was sitting on the table next to the grill and put the meat on it. I then turn off the grill and walk inside with Mitch and see that the table was set with a bag of chips, catsup, mustard, and anything you could ever need for burgers!

I made my way around the table grabbing all the food-loots like everyone else. I sat down next to Mitch who was just staring at his plate that had an untouched burger.

"Ya' hunger?" He looked up at me and looked, just, sad.

"No..." He trailed off...