XII

"I love you, too," a voice whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes, rubbing them to clear the morning dust away. You know, the stuff in the corner in your eyes.

"What?" I asked a blushing Nico di Angelo.

"What what?" Nico asked, looking away.

"You said something," I pointed out.

"You said something last night," he replied.

"Yeah, but what did you say just now?" I asked.

Nico stared at a wall, blushing. "Nothing."

I poked his cheek. "Why are you blushing?"

Nico pulled at the blanket burrito we were both wrapped in. "Kinda slept with you last night."

I let out a soft laugh. "True."

We sat there in silence. I logged into Instagram, seeing as we had an hour before we needed to get ready for classes.

DrSunshine: Cakey, you up yet?

HuntressCakey: Go away. It's only six!

DrSunshine: Don't you have lessons today?

HuntressCakey: Yeah, but it's probably gonna be a lesson about the perfect nap.

DrSunshine: Cakey! You need to learn!

HuntressCakey: No, I don't.

DrSunshine: Yes, you do!

HuntressCakey: ANYHOW, why did you text me at this ungodly hour?

DrSunshine: *smirk* You'll never guess what I just did.

HuntressCakey: Wait....

HuntressCakey: DID YOU KISS THE CHILD?!

HuntressCakey: *pulls out a dagger* AND NOT SEND ME A PICTURE?!

DrSunshine: Yeah, I wish.

HuntressCakey: Well if it isn't that, then I'm gonna go back to sleep.

DrSunshine: Okay... guess you'll never know that he said "I love you."

HuntressCakey: WAIT, WHAT?!

HuntressCakey: OH. MY. LORD.

HuntressCakey: SOLANGELO! SOLANGELO! SOLANGELO!

HuntressCakey: *makes posters, T-shirts, and coffee mugs.*

DrSunshine: ... Yeah... totally not overboard.

HuntressCakey: YOU BETTER KISS HIM SOON!

DrSunshine: Why...?

HuntressCakey: BECAUSE I GOTTA SEE IT!

HuntressCakey: THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

DrSunshine: Imma just... go...

HuntressCakey: YEAH, GO AND KISS THE BOY!

I quickly logged out of the chat. Cakey could be scary when she's in "oh-my-god-OTP!!!" mode.

"Hey, Nico," I said to the blushing boy next to me. Wait, blushing? "Uh... did you see that?" I asked, pointing to my phone.

"A little," Nico whispered.

"How much is a little?" I asked.

"Uh... all of it?"

"Nico!" I yelled, throwing a pillow at his face.

He picked up his pillow and slammed it into my face, making me laugh myself to tears at the cuteness.

"Oh, now you've done it," I said, wiggling my fingers. "I hope you're not ticklish."

I started to tickle Nico, causing him to laugh so hard, I'm surprised the room didn't start shaking.

"That's enough!" Nico yelled while wiping away tears of laughter. "I've had enough."

I stopped tickling Nico, and looked out the window. It was early morning, so it was hard to see. But I did see a few things.

There was a McDonald's. I'm pretty sure that Nico mentioned a McDonald's before. I didn't count it as vital information, though.

"Nico, Two Questions?" I proposed.

"Sure, I'll start," he agreed. "Favorite time of day?"

"Around midday," I said, "when the sun's at its highest."

"Of course, Sunshine," Nico said, rolling his eyes.

"Favorite restaurant?" I asked.

Nico blushed a dark crimson and mumbled, "McDonald's. But I thought I already told you this."

I smirked, "You did. I just wanted to make sure."

"You're not the only one who can get sassy," Nico said, clearly not liking my last comment. "What kind of guys are you into?"

Wait, hold up one sec. How did Nico know that I liked guys? I mean... I told Cakey. But that's it! He did read all of our recent conversations. Is that how he got this info?

"It's obvious, Will," Nico said, looking at my confused and shocked expression.

"Er... um... cute?" I said, making it sound like a question. Cute is kinda the only word hat describes Nico.

"Okay, what's your last question?" Nico asked.

"Wanna go on a date with me?" I asked, pointing to the McDonald's outside the window. I was actually surprised that I didn't hesitate or stutter while asking Nico.

Nico was silent for a while, obviously surprised.

"Yes," Nico said, breathlessly.

"Something wrong?" I said, looking at him curiously and worried. If he was short of breath, then something medical wise could be wrong.

"Just... surprised," Nico said, blushing at his feet.

"Get ready," I say, picking up his hand. "We have classes in a few minutes."

I kissed his hand and went to the bathroom to change.

_____________________________________________________________

(A/N) Bet you can guess what happens next chapter *wiggles eyebrows*

Spoiler: Nico's gettin' a Happy Meal.

That's literally all I got planned for next chapter. *coufNOTcouf*

(I intentionally spelled "cough" wrong)

I bet some of you are asked: Why are you updating four times a day? Isn't your normal three?

(Okay, I bet nobody is asking that, but imma answer it anyways.)

But my answer it: I'm bored. Deal wif it.

(I intentionally spelled "with" wrong)

So, thanks for reading, commenting, and/or/not voting!

Tell me if I got your character right again, Cakey. I'm kinda worried about that XD