IX

Nico di Angelo likes me.

It's still so hard to actually believe. But it was Cakey-promoted, Cakey-approved. I had to at least try to ask him about it.

"Hey, Nico?" I asked, spinning around in my chair. I was expecting him to be all wrapped up in a blanket burrito.

He wasn't. He was actually getting dressed in a black skull T-shirt and jeans.

"Going somewhere?" I asked curiously.

"Um... somebody said that they wanted to meet me," Nico said, "so I'm going to meet them."

"Oh. Sounds cool," I said, spinning back to look at my computer, completely forgetting about what I was gonna ask Nico.

I logged back into Instagram.

HuntressCakey: So....

DrSunshine: So what?

HuntressCakey: *face palming so hard rn*

HuntressCakey: DID YOU CONFRONT HIM OR NOT?!?!

DrSunshine: Oh... Oh! Oh!

DrSunshine:...

DrSunshine: No, I didn't.

HuntressCakey: CARE TO EXPLAIN?

DrSunsnine: He said he had to meet someone.

HuntressCakey: William Solace.

HuntressCakey: Did it ever cross your mind that you aren't the only person who is attracted to Nico?

DrSunshine: ... What?

HuntressCakey: HE IS PROBABLY GOING TO MEET SOMEONE WHO LIKES HIM!

DrSunshine: OH!

DrSunshine: I GOTTA GO!

HuntressCakey: YA THINK?!

DrSunshine: Thanks, Cakey.

HuntressCakey: *points to the door* GO!

HuntressCakey: AND GIVE ME A (million) PHOTO(s) OF SOLANGELO'S FIRST MOMENTS!

I dashed put of the room and down the hall in the direction Nico walked in. I kept running, even when my lungs started to feel like fire.

When I turned onto one of the halls leading to the north wing, I stopped in my tracks. I saw Nico di Angelo.

I don't know what got into me, but when I saw him with this girl, I nearly went insane. She was crazy pretty, but I wouldn't call her attractive.

But she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

I watched as they walked together, talking about normal stuff. Just enjoying each other's company.

I don't know why I was following them. I mean, I wasn't jealous of her, or anything.

I watched them until they stopped at the end of a hallway. The girl showed Nico into some room that looked like one of the classrooms. Nico followed, looking a little nervous.

I was just gonna watch and listen outside the classroom door, but I heard something brake on the inside.

I burst through the door, expecting to see somebody on the floor. I guess I assumed right, in some ways.

They were both on the floor, but not in the way I imagined. The girl was on top of Nico. Her lips pressed against his.

"What are you doing?" I yelled at her, shoving her aside. "If he needs mouth to mouth, let me do it!"

That was the case, right? He... drowned? Somehow?

I knew I was wrong when that bi-... girl... gave me a slap in the face.

"Why are you here?" The girl yelled in my face. "It was going so well!"

Nico gave me a pleading look.

"I could have been his girlfriend by now, if it weren't for you!" She yelled.

I went all sassy on her, putting a hand on my hip and flipping my shoulder length hair. "Honey, he gay."

At those words, What's-Her-Name almost got a heart attack, or something. She was being extremely dramatic, clutching her heart and making a huge show of 'fainting.'

I gave Nico a hand, helping him up. "Thanks," Nico breathed into my ear.

That literally took my breath away. How can we go from a cute innocent victim to a manly man in about two point five seconds.

I held his hand as we walked back to the dormitory. I felt as if it send electric bolts through me. Me holding Nico di Angelo's hand.

"Um... I'm gonna go to sleep now," Nico said, letting go of my hand once we got back to the room. I tried to hold on to the feel of his hand as it slipped out of mine.

I missed his hand's warmness already. But his blanket burrito look almost made up for it.

Almost.

_____________________________________________________

(A/N) Hiya, guys! Author Chan here! Hope you guys enjoyed the story. Thanks for all of your reads, votes, and comments! I'm trying to think up an ending for this story that will make the story about twenty chapters long. Probably some typical highschool drama with a Me-ish twist.

*evil laugh*