XIX

(A/N) Google said that was nineteen. Just gonna trust that.

"Bye," I said to Nico after breaking apart from the kiss he was giving me. It had been a week since we had the conversation about this moment. That's the last time I'll taste his sweet lips for a while.

"Bye, Sunshine," Nico said, biting his bottom lip. I could tell he was trying to not cry. I was, too. I could feel the heat of tears rushing into my eyes, but I wouldn't allow them to spill over.

I waved bye to Nico one last time before going to my mother's car. Luckily, she didn't see me snogging my boyfriend in front of the school entrance. I wanted to be the one to tell her all the news she didn't know about.

I pulled out my iPod to listen to music on the way home. The first song I listened to was Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Most of my music was pop and hip hop.

"So," my mom asked once we pulled up to the house. "How was school? You didn't call or text me all year."

"It was good," I said not wanting to give away too much information right there.

"Did you make any friends?" She asked.

"Um... yeah, one," I said, hoping she won't ask about girlfriends.

"She any girls you like," Mom asked, nudging my ribs jokingly.

"No, not really," I mumbled, blushing.

"Ah, well," she said, "you'll find one someday. You're quite an attractive young boy."

After that, there was an awkward silence.

"I'm gay," I blurted out. My mother looked at me confused, causing my face to turn a dark red.

"Huh?" She asked, still shocked.

"I'm gay and I have a boyfriend," I said, trying to find out what my mother's reaction's going to be.

"Well," my mother said, laughing a little, "you love him?"

"More than he could ever imagine," I say, smiling.

"Well that's all I'm worried about," she said, going off to the kitchen. She poked her head around the corner. "But I would love to meet him."

I started to go to my room, but I turned around. "Mom," I said, "thanks for being so cool about it." I smiled and then went to my room to text my little Blanket Burrito.

DrSunshine: Neeks, wanna talk?

BlanketBurrito: Yeah.

DrSunshine: So, I might have told my mom about you.

BlanketBurrito: Might have meaning you did.

DrSunshine: ...

DrSunsnine: Yeah.

BlanketBurrito: And she probably wants to meet me?

DrSunshine: ...

DrSunsnine: Well, yeah.

BlanketBurrito: Send me your address. I'll be able to go in about two weeks.

DrSunshine: Why two weeks? :(

BlanketBurrito: Because I got to settle in with my family again.

DrSunshine: Oooh.

BlanketBurrito: Yeah. Well I gotta go.

DrSunshine: Love ya!

BlanketBurrito: Yeah, you too.

I ran back to the kitchen. "Mom!" I yelled, making her jump. "Nico's coming over in two weeks!"

"Who?" Mom asked.

"My boyfriend," I said, almost jumping up and down.

"Well," she said, setting down the rag she was holding, "if he's coming over, I'd like to know some stuff about him."

I started to tell her all the things about Nico. Like how cute he is, but doesn't like being called cute. Or how he wraps himself up in a blanket burrito. And how adorable he is. And how he prefers wearing only black. And how freaking cute he is.

"I can't wait to meet him," my mom said, getting up to go back to the kitchen once I was done ranting about Nico.

I couldn't wait to see that fluff ball again!

__________________________________________________

(A/N) *sly smirk*

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. *keeps smirking*

Thanks for reading or commenting or voting or whatever you're doing right now.