III

I slowly unpack my bags as I try to remember the way up here.

"East wing, second floor......... third door to the right?" I mumble as I fold my shirts.

"Second door," Nico corrects me. His memory was truly surprising. He looked like a first year.

"Hey, Nico," I said. "How old are you?" I had only just remembered that all we know about each other is our first and last names.

"Eighty-three," Nico says. I stare at him, shocked.

"For real?"

"Oh my God, you're dumb, Solace," Nico groaned. Apparently he was a sarcastic person. "I'm fourteen." He's the same age as me. That's good.

"By the way," Nico said, "I normally use the game Twenty Questions to ask people stuff."

"Why?" I asked. That's an odd way for somebody to get information.

"Because I don't like talking," he said as he threw himself face first onto his pillow.

I watched as he continued to wrap himself up in a blanket burrito. As he did, so many questions came into my mind. But the one I asked was, "Do you wanna play Twenty Questions?"

I saw his head poke out of his little burrito and nodded. "You first."

"Why do you wrap yourself up in a blanket burrito?" I ask.

"Skip," he replied. I gave him a hard look. "Is it okay if we only do three more questions each? I kinda want to sleep tonight."

I looked at the clock. It was around ten in the evening. "Yeah."

"Why are you wearing all black?" I ask.

"It's a comforting color to me," he replies. "Why do you prefer pastel?"

"Pastel is manly!" I say, defensively. "And... I don't really know. I just chose my wardrobe at random... and random happens to be pastel."

There was a short pause while Nico considered this answer.

"What kind of girls do you prefer?" I ask. I didn't know why I asked that. But don't all boys prefer girls?

Do I prefer girls?

"I like my girls how I like my coffee," was my only reply. It was good enough for me, seeing as I asked kind of a personal question.

"What about you?" He asked.

"Skip," I say. I don't know what emotion showed on Nico's face. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to know, to be honest.

"Any siblings?" He asked.

"No. Only child. You?" I reply.

"Um... one... but..." Nico said.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to!" I say, almost panicking. Out of all of the stupid questions I wanted to ask Nico, I had to go with that one! Why am I so dumb?

"Yeah," he said. "G'night Solace."

"G'night," I said while thinking Blanket Burrito in my head. I wonder if he would like that nickname. I'll ask him later.