Chapter Forty-Two - The People We Love The Most.

Amanda's P.O.V.

We've been on the road for the past couple of days. Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita are still traveling with us. I really don't mind them coming with us. We could us all of the help we could get. There has been no sign of Carl or Maggie anywhere. We saw the bus and everybody was dead.. they were such great people.

We've been following these railroad tracks for a long time now. We saw a sign that led to a sanctuary called Terminus. Glenn thought Maggie and Carl would see the sign too, so he thought we should go. To be honest, I don't trust the place. What kind of place just lets people in?

I walked beside Glenn in front of everybody else. Eugene kept talking to Tara and you could tell he was trying to impress her. He doesn't know that she's actually a lesbian.. Abraham and Rosita were walking in the back of the line. We should being seeing another sign soon... we haven't seen one in awhile.

"When do you think we'll see the next sign?" I asked Glenn.

"Right now." He said.

He pointed to a sign at the crossing point of the tracks. We ran up to the sign and it was another sign from Terminus... but there was something else on the sign. It was a note written in blood below it. It said-

Glenn go to Terminus- Maggie, Sasha, and Bob

I felt happiness take over my body. Maggie was still alive. So were Sasha and Bob. I smiled and looked at Glenn. He looked so relieved and the next thing I know, he took off running past us. I ran after him and tried to keep up with him. I could hear the others trying to catch up to us. They were having a hard time because Glenn and I are very fast when it comes to running. Those eight months on the road, we always went on the runs together. Plus, we're in good shape.

He finally stopped running after awhile and I put my hand on his shoulders for support. I was out of breath, and so was everyone else, who finally caught up to us. After we caught our breath, I felt Glenn pick me up and spin me around in the air.

"Oh my god. She's alive!" He said.

I could tell he had his big smile on his face. I smiled with him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put me down and he couldn't stop smiling. We started walking faster to try and catch up to Maggie. We could hear Tara, Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene breathing heavily behind us, but we didn't care. We had to get to Maggie.

"Hold up!" We heard Abraham yell.

We stopped and turned around to look at him. He went into this cave thingy and everybody followed him except Glenn and I.

"We're stopping here. Tired is slow. Slow is dead." Abraham said.

"It's not even noon." Glenn said.

"I don't give a monkey's left nut! None of us have slept more than a couple of hours since we went all Casey Jones. This place looks safe."

Monkey's left nut?

"We need to rest. I get it. You need to find your wife. But Rosita and me, we've got a mission too. It's keeping Eugene alive and getting him to Washington so we can safe the whole damn world! So we're going here, and we're going now." Abraham yelled.

We heard walker groans from inside the cave and I stifled a laugh. Nice safe place, Abraham.

Abraham and Glenn kept arguing over staying or keep going, but I didn't pay attention. We found out Maggie's alive. That's great. Really. But what about Carl? Lou? Daryl? I have to find them. I knew what I had to do. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Glenn eventually made a deal with Abraham that if he gave Eugene his protection suit, then we could keep going... or should I say they.. They started walking when Eugene put on the gear and I didn't follow them. Glenn noticed that I wasn't coming and he stopped. He turned around and looked at me.