Chapter Four - Rick's Back.

Amanda's P.O.V

Things have been different ever since Rick came back. Carl and Lori have been in a much better mood, which I'm glad about. I'm glad Rick is still alive. I wonder how he made it this far on his own? I guess he'll tell us. This also means no more Daddy and Lori kisses... thank goodness. I decided to keep my mouth shut about that around Rick.

We were all by the fire that night. I was sitting on my dad's lap while we listened to Rick tell his story.

"Disoriented. I guess that's what comes closest. Disoriented. Fear, confusion all of those things, but disoriented comes closest." Rick said finishing.

"Mom told me you died." Carl said.

Rick and Lori looked at each other. Rick looked back down at Carl.

"She had every reason to believe that." Rick told him.

"When things started to get bad, they said they were going to take all the patients down to Atlanta. It never happened." Lori said.

"Well I'm not surprised after Atlanta fell. From the look of that hospital it got overrun." Rick said.

"Looks don't decieve." My dad said.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am to you Shane." Rick told him.

My dad nodded at him in return. I turned around and saw Ed add another piece of wood to the fire.

"Hey Ed, you want to rethink that log?" My dad said.

"Its cold man." Ed said.

"Cold don't change the rules does it? Keep our fires low so we can't be seen from a distance." My dad said.

"I said it's cold. Why don't you mind your own business for once?" Ed told my dad.

My dad got up and walked over to Ed's fire. I watched him, things were about to get serious.

"Hey Ed, you sure you wanna have this conversation right now?" I heard my dad say. Ed looked at my dad very annoyed.

"Go on. Pull the damn thing out." Ed told Carol.

Carol got up and put the fire out on that piece of wood. I saw my dad talking to Sophia and Carol. He looked nice right now so that's good at least. I started to get tired so I decided to go to bed early that night. I will hear about the run tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning and the sun was shining super bright. I got dressed and walked out of the tent. I saw Lori and Carol doing laundry. Amy and Andrea were also helping out. Dale was on top of the RV keeping watch. Jim and that other guy were taking apart Glenn's car. Glenn looked upset.

"Go ahead strip it clean. Those monsters. I wish I got to keep it for a couple more days." Glenn said. I put my hand on his shoulder as Rick walked up to us.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one some day." Rick told him.

I saw Carl and Sophia start to run over to me.

"Do you want to come play with us in the woods?" Carl asked.

"Sure!" We ran down through the woods and into the little clearing where we always play. I turned around and I about had a heart attack.

I screamed for my life and ran.