Chapter Twenty-One - Randall Decisions.

Amanda's P.O.V.

"Make sure you tell daddy to make you something to eat ok?"

"Ok mommy." I told her giggling.

"Ok, I love you so much sweetheart. I will see you later."

"I love you too."

She hung up the phone and I ran in the living room.

"Daddy, mommy said to make something to eat." I said.

He looked at me and then paused the movie he was watching.

"Doesn't your mom know I only know how to make a bowl of cereal?"

I laughed at him as he walked into the kitchen. I watched the skirt of my dress twirl. I look like a princess. I ran upstairs to my room and looked at all of my presents. I turned seven yesterday and I got a lot of presents. I got my doll out of the bag and ran to my doll house. I set up the house and put everything where it should be. My doll was making pancakes when the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs and I heard my dad talking to someone. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but my dad started to cry. I saw that my dad was talking to one of the policemen outside our house. They left and then I walked slowly to my dad.

"Daddy? Why are you crying?"

He wiped the tears from his eyes and looked at me.

"Amanda, we need to talk... about mommy."

He sat me down on the couch next to him.

"When is she coming home? Did the policeman bring her home?" I asked looking around the house for her.

"Amanda.... mommy's car stopped working on her way home from work. She decided to walk home. On her way, a man dragged her into a alley and started to... hurt her. Mommy got away.... but mommy.... she got shot. Mommy is in heaven now. Amanda, I'm so sorry." He cried.

I stared at him for a long time and then I started to cry. I cried really hard. He pulled me into his arms and we cried for the rest of the night. My mommy is dead... she's gone... I'm never going to see her again..

I heard voices around me as I opened my eyes. My vision was white for a moment. Everything then came into focus. I saw everyone sitting by me... except Beth, Rick, and my dad.

"She's awake!"

I turned my head and saw Carl rush to my side. I looked at my arm and I now have a cast on it. Hershel is a doctor so I guess he had those things to make one. I was wearing a white T-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants.

"How are you feeling?" Maggie asked me.

"I feel a little nausea."

"You lost a lot of blood. That's why." Hershel told me.

Carl gripped my hand, well I wish I could feel it. My body feels pretty numb.

"What happened to me?"

"You and Lori got in a car accident. You broke your arm and you didn't have a concussion." Hershel told me.

"Thank god." Andrea said.

Maggie walked in with a plate of food for me. Carl helped me sit up and Maggie put the tray on my lap. I picked up my fork and put some food in my mouth. Man, it felt great.

"How's Beth?" I asked.

"She'll pull through. She needs her rest though. Like you." Lori told me.