Chapter Thirty-Seven - Guess Who's Back?

Amanda's P.O.V.

I feel so much better.

Daryl and the others got back with the antibiotics last night and everyone looks so much better. Lizzie and I look better than everyone else though. Probably because we are kids... I don't really know.

Hershel was going to go outside today. He's been in Cell Block A for awhile and he hasn't gotten any fresh air. He said Lizzie and I could come out since we were feeling better. I could finally see Daryl. Lou. Carl.

We walked out of Cell Block A and outside. I felt all the fresh air and the hot sun on my face. It blinded me at first, but it took a couple of seconds for my vision to adjust. I walked outside slowly and I saw everyone. Carl. Lou. Daryl. Rick. Michonne. Everyone was here.

"Look who's back."

I turned and saw Daryl walking up to me. I smiled and he picked my up. I squeezed my arms around his neck and he spun my around. He finally put me down and I was very dizzy.

"How you feelin, kid?" He asked.

"Better. Thank you, for going to get the antibiotics. If you hadn't done that, we would probably be dead right now." I told him.

"Well, we had to get everyone better. I wasn't about to let you die on me." He said.

"Well, here I am."

He laughed and walked over to Hershel. I saw Lou running over to me and she about tackled me to death with a big hug. I laughed and hugged her back.

"Oh my god. We have been worried sick." She said.

"I'm ok now."

"Good. You missed it." She said.

"I missed what?" I asked, confused.

"Carl. After we left from visiting you, he broke down crying in the tombs. It was actually really sad. He wanted to help you and he knew he couldn't. He didn't like the idea of you being scared in there."

He actually did that?

"That sounds like him. I'm going to go talk to him."

She nodded her head and I walked over to Carl slowly. This is it. He turned around and smiled at me. More like smirked. He has a cute little smirk he does these days. I ran as fast as I could into his arms and he lifted me off of my feet. I put my head on his shoulder and I felt him kiss the top of my head. We stayed like that for a couple minutes and he put me down. We leaned in and finally kissed for what seemed like forever. God, I've been waiting so long for this.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." Carl said.

"I know. I'm gonna do it again."

I leaned forward again and pressed my lips to his. I felt him snake his arms around my waist and pull me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him harder. I finally pulled back and he still had his arms around my waist. I still had my arms around his neck and I pulled him towards me so that our foreheads were touching.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said.

We let go and I walked over to Michonne. She had a lot of dead walkers and a trailer hooked to the back off a truck.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm taking these bodies out to the woods. To burn them. They broke through the fence last night. Rick and Carl got 'em all."

I looked over at the fence and saw that there was a big hole in the fence from where the walkers were pushing on it so hard.

"Do you think I could come with you? I need to get out of here for awhile." I said.