Chapter Twenty-Four - Eight Months Later.

Amanda's P.O.V.

It's been about 8 months since we left the farm and my dad's death. We have been on the run ever since. I have become pretty good at keeping this group safe. Daryl practices with me whenever we get the chance. He even lets me practice with his crossbow from time to time. I guess you could say we've became pretty close. We haven't lost anybody in the past eight months. I guess that's a record for us. I'd say a couple months ago, Hershel found some tools to finally take my cast off. If was hard doing stuff with that thing on. Lori's stomach is huge now. She could be having the baby any day now. Glenn and I usually do the runs these days. I figured I should start going and helping him out so he doesn't have to go alone. I'm pretty quick on my feet now. Carl and I turned 13 in these past couple of months.

Speaking of Carl, we haven't been talking much to be honest. It's not like we are arguing or anything. It's just we have been focusing on keeping the group safe. And whenever I have free time, I'm with Daryl. If my dad was still alive, he would be teaching me how to do this stuff. He can't because... Rick killed him.

I'm still pretty mad at him about that. I won't even make eye contact with him. I know that its been awhile since it happened, but you can't just get over the fact that a man you practically knew since you were born killed your dad... right?

We were outside a house right now. Rick, Daryl, Carl, and T-Dog went inside to go clear all of the walkers out of it. Glenn, Maggie, and I stood guard while the others sat down and rested. I looked around for any walkers. I have to be honest, I changed a lot since my dad died. I knew I had to take care of myself and look at me now.

Rick finally told us to come in and we grabbed our supplies and went inside. We didn't make Lori carry to much stuff. We didn't want her to strain herself. We put our stuff down and we went to rest. We sat on the floor and nobody said anything.

Carl ran in the living room with a can of dog food. He started opening it up, but Rick took it from him and threw it in the fireplace. Let's say that Rick is turning into a dick these days.

T-Dog whistled and we all knew what that meant. We picked up our things and we ran out the back door. I was in the lead. Since I'm pretty fast now, Daryl told me to run up front so I could unlock the car so we could get moving quicker. We put our things in the cars and took off.

We drove for a while and then we stopped. Beth went to the back side of the cars and Carl went to the front to keep watch. We took out our map and put it on the hood of the car.

"We've got nowhere else to go." T-Dog said.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." Maggie said.

"We can't keep going from house to house." I said.

"We need to find somewhere to hold up for a few weeks." Rick said.

"Is it cool if we go to the creek? We're almost out of water." T-Dog said.

"Knock yourself out."

Rick and Daryl went hunting while T-Dog and Glenn went to get water. The rest of us waited for them to get back. I looked at Carl and he was still keeping watch. I need to talk to him.

"Hi." I said, walking over to him.

He turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey."

I took my gun out and kept watch with him. We just stood there. We weren't even talking. What happened to us?

"This is really pissing me off."

"What?" He asked me.

"Us not talking to each other. I feel like we aren't even friends anymore. We used to be best friends and now we only talk like five seconds a day. Best friends don't act like this. Heck, at the farm we even..." I stopped.