Chapter Seven - Attack And Hopefully Hope.

Amanda's P.O.V

My dad stood up immeadiately and grabbed his gun. He put me, Carl, and Lori behind him. He shot at a walker coming near us. I looked over at Amy and saw she was now getting bit in the shoulder. I looked around and saw more of our people dying. It made me want to cry. Please, just anything, help us.

"Shane what do we do?" Lori yelled.

"We have to make our way to the RV, stay close!" My dad said.

We started working our way to the RV, with my dad killing every walker that got in our way. I heard more gunshots coming from behind us. I turned around and saw Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog. Guess they didn't get Merle. Rick had a bag of guns over his shoulder and they all had guns shooting at walkers. We made our way up to the RV and I ran to Amy and Andrea who was with Amy.

"No!! I don't know what to do!" Andrea sobbed.

I looked around and saw that all the walkers were dead and everybody was shocked. I turned back to Amy.

"I don't know what to do!" Andrea sobbed.

I grabbed Amy's hand and I started to cry. Amy started to breathe slower and slower. She took one last breath, closed her eyes, and was motionless. I started to cry even harder. She was one of my mother figures in my life. I still have Andrea and Lori. But it's just now different, someone else got taken from my life.

"Amy!! Amy no!!! Please come back!!" Andrea sobbed. I threw my arms around Andrea and cried with her. It was definitely a sad experience. Everyone kept staring at us, but at this point I didn't care at all.

The next morning, I woke up in the RV. I decided to stay in the RV so I could stay close to Andrea. She hasn't moved all night.

I walked out of the Rv and sat next to Andrea. She just stared at her sister.

"Andrea, I'm so sorry. Amy was like a mother figure to me, she was important to me too. I really loved her like a mom. If you need anyone to cry on or just need someone there, I'm here for you." I told her.

She smiled and gave me the biggest hug I've had in a long time. It mad me feel... like someone whos needed.

"Thank you. She really did love you. She cared about you."

"And I feel the same about her. I also feel like that with you." I said.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere for a while." She assured me.

I got up and started looking around at the walkers. People were stabbing them in the head and putting them all in a big pile. I saw Daryl about to stab one in the head. I walked over and saw who it was. Ed.

"I'll do it. He was my husband." Carol said.

Daryl handed her the axe and she stabbed it at least six or seven times. I saw Carl sitting with Lori. I walked over and sat down next to him.

"How's Andrea?" He asked me.

"She's sad but I think she's happy Amy is in a safer place now." I started to get tears in my eyes.

Carl saw them and he put his hand on mine and it made me feel so... warm. I took his hand in mine and I didn't let go. I didn't want to.

I looked over at Amy and... she was moving. She sat up and and I saw that she was a walker. Andrea was talking to her. Amy was just about to bite her when Andrea shot her in the head with her gun. Amy fell back to the ground and Andrea started sobbing again. I looked at the ground and couple of tears fell. I felt Carl wrap his arms around me and I threw mine around him. I didn't want to let go. I felt safe for the first time.

"Jim! Jim got bit by a walker!" Jacqui shouted. That got everyone's attention. I let go of Carl and put my attention on Jim.

"Show it to us!" Daryl said.

"I'm ok! I'm ok!" Jim shouted.

Daryl picked up his shirt and he had a big bite on his ribs. It was covered in blood. Daryl put his shirt down, picked up an axe, and charged at Jim. Rick pointed his gun at Daryl.

"We don't kill the living!" Rick said.

"Funny since you just put a gun to my head." Daryl said and walked away.

Me and Carl went to go find Sophia and we went to go play for a couple of hours. We needed to get this off of our minds. We walked back up to camp when we were done and I saw my dad talking with the group.

"I say we leave for the CDC first thing tomorrow morning." My dad was saying.

"What's the CDC?" I asked.

"They were working on a cure and they would be able to help Jim." My dad told me.

Everyone agreed to my dads plan and we walked back to our tents. Carl walked with me to my tent. Does he like me?

"I don't want to leave." I told him.

"Me neither, but I think it's for the best. Jim needs help." He said. Why is he so perfect?

"I hope so."

We reached my tent and we stood there in silence. Awkward...

"Well I'm going to get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow." I said.

"Yeah, me too. Sleep good ok?" He said. Then he did something I would have never expected, he kissed my cheek and walked to his tent. I sighed, it was a good sigh, not a bad one. That made my night perfect.

We packed up our stuff the next morning and put them in the cars. The guy I didn't know and his family didn't come with us. They had family they wanted to go to... if they were still alive. Before we left, we buried Amy and the other members of our group who died. It was hard watching Andrea. We got in the cars and we took off. I sat in the jeep with my dad. My hair was going crazy and I didn't like it. We drove for maybe an hour and then we stopped. We got out of the cars and we went to the RV. Dale came out with a concerned look on his face.

"We're almost out of fuel and Jim is getting worse. He isn't going to make it much longer." Dale said.

"I'll go check on Jim and Shane and T-Dog could you drive down and see if you could get more fuel?" Rick asked.

My dad and T-Dog took off and Rick went inside to talk to Jim. I looked up and saw Carl looking at me. I smiled and blushed beet red. I looked back the RV when Rick came out.

"Jim told me he wants us to leave him here. He said the ride is killing him." Rick said.

My dad and T-Dog came back with more fuel and they joined in the conversation.

"Just leave Jim here? I'm not sure I could live with that." My dad said.

"If that's what Jim wants, I think we should respect that." Dale said.

A couple minutes later, Jim was outside leaning on a tree. Rick took out a gun and offered it to Jim.

"Jim, do you want this?"

"Don't worry, I'll be ok." Jim said. We all said our good-byes to Jim. We got back in the cars and drove off leaving Jim there.

We got to the CDC about a half an hour later and the sidewalks were filled with walkers. We ran to the door and Rick banged on the door. I turned around and saw the walkers start to stand up.

"Walkers!" I yelled.

"Rick we have to go! It's not safe at night!" My dad said.

"The camera moved. I know you're in there! Please help us! We have children please!" Rick yelled.

My dad and Daryl started shooting walkers while Rick kept yelling. We were scared. Then a bright light blinded us all. The door had opened.