Chapter Twenty-Six - Tears & More Tears.

Amanda's P.O.V.

Hershel woke up yesterday evening. Thank god. I'm so happy that we didn't lose anyone else. I'm mostly happy for Beth and Maggie though. They already lost enough of their family and they don't need to lose anyone else.

Everyone knows that Carl and I are together now. Daryl won't stop joking around about it with me. Everyone else is mostly happy for us.

Carl and I walked outside, hand-in-hand, out to the fence. Carol told us that the adults needed help outside.

"Could you let go of each other for five minutes and get your asses down here?" Daryl yelled at us.

"Shut up Daryl! What did you guys want?" I asked them.

"Have you seen Glenn or Maggie anywhere?" Rick asked.

We both shook our heads as we walked down there to them.

"The last I saw them, they were up in that guard tower." T-Dog said.

"When was last time?" I asked slowly.

"Last night."

Oh god...

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl yelled.

We saw the door open after a minute or so. Glenn walked out slowly... buckling up his pants.

"Hey! What's up guys?" He yelled.

We all started laughing.

"Of course." I said.

That made everyone laugh harder.

"Comin?" Daryl asked.

"What?" Glenn yelled.

We couldn't stop laughing.

"Are you comin?" Daryl asked again.

Maggie walked out of the guard tower with her shirt crooked and her hair a wild mess.

"Yeah. We'll be right down!" He yelled.

"Let's go before things get weirder." Carl whispered in my ear.

We started walking towards the prison.

"Don't have too much fun in there!" Daryl yelled.

"Daryl! It has only been a day. You are nasty!" I yelled.

All of the adults laughed at us. We walked inside the prison and to Hershel's cell.

"You are nasty!" Carl said, trying to mimick my voice.

I slapped him hard in the arm. He laughed at me. Why is everyone laughing at me today? But I'm not complaining. It lightens the mood.

"We found crutches for daddy." Beth said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Alright." Lori said.

Hershel sat up on the bed. It took sometime because of his leg and everything.

"Just take your time. Don't push yourself daddy." Beth said.

"Well, what else am I going to do?" Hershel said.

He stood up and pushed off of the bed. He stood with the crutches under his arms and he was ready to try. Hershel is one tough man, that's a fact.

"I can't stand looking at the bottom of that bunk anymore."

He started to stumble. I ran in there to help catch him so he wouldn't fall. He finally regained balance and started towards the door on his crutches.